Analyzing Freight Slowdown

poison

Seasoned Expediter
my point was not how much a person makes nor was I neccessirly directing these figures toward an O/O we drive for fleet owners.I don't
like to tell everyone my business but it needs saying.we started in this wonderful world of expediting back in aug. of this year.all time combined we have been in service or available 90% of the time.we have made maybe 4 checks over a thousand dollars.The rest have been $600,
$400,$800,etc. and a few weeks we didn't even make anything.this is pocket change to a team.I use to ##### that much away on cherry machines and video games in a months time.My point is not how much money you make
my point is consistency.I'm sorry but I can't live on $1100 one week
$300 the next week and the following week I don't make nothing because I
wasn't in the right place at the right time or because I wasn't number 1
on the board or perhaps my knee pads weren't thick enough because I'm not the companies pet project/team I came into this business to make money not sit in an RV park up under the shade trees reading and listening for the beep from the Q/C I want to run.here is a typical
run off what we will be doing in just a few days run the miles for yourself.and KEEP IT IN MIND THAT THIS IS EVERY WEEK. and yes I talked to drivers I researched the company all the way down to their safety rating.so I'm not just jumping into something because it sounds good.Here goes

leave st. petersburg,fl.to louisville,ky. to horse cave,ky.to indio,ca.back to winter haven,fl.1 pick and 1 drop on each end=5421 miles that is $2059.98 to us as company drivers b4 taxes every week and on top of that there is no certain pay day as soon as a round is made a check is cut on the return trip.this is not what I would call great money by no means people so don't think I'm ignorant of what good money is in this business.but it sure in the world beats not knowing whether or not your going to make a paycheck or not from one week to the next.so I say again if 12-13000 miles a week makes someone happy no matter what the rate is then happy 12 loads a month.keep reading them books and keep going to the RV parks and keep taking mini vacations.LOL.

poison

Seasoned Expediter
my point was not how much a person makes nor was I neccessirly directing these figures toward an O/O we drive for fleet owners.I don't like to tell everyone my business but it needs saying.we
started in this wonderful world of expediting back in aug. of this year.all time combined we have been in service or available 90% of the time.we have made maybe 4 checks over a thousand dollars.The rest have been $600, $400,$800,etc. and a few weeks we didn't even make anything.this is pocket change to a team.I use to ##### that much away on cherry machines and video games in a months time.My point is not how much money you make my point is consistency.I'm sorry but I can't live on $1100 one week $300 the next week, and the following week I don't make nothing because I wasn't in the right place at the right time or because I wasn't number 1 on the board or perhaps my knee pads weren't thick enough because I'm not the companies pet project/poster child I came into this business to make money not sit in an RV park up under the shade trees reading and listening for the beep from the
Q/C I want to run.here is a typical run of what we will be doing in just a few days run the miles for yourself.and KEEP IT IN MIND THAT THIS IS EVERY WEEK. and yes I talked to drivers I researched the company all the way down to their safety rating.so I'm not just
jumping into something because it sounds good.Here goes

leave st. Petersburg,fl.to Louisville,Ky. to Horse
Cave,Ky.to Indio,Ca.back to winter haven,fl.1 pick and 1
drop on each end=5421 miles that is $2059.98 to us as company drivers b4 taxes and we go home after each round.and there is no certain pay day as soon as a round is made a check is cut on the return trip.this is not what I would call great money by no means people so don't think I'm ignorant of what good money is in this business.but it sure in the world beats not knowing whether or not your going to make a paycheck or not from one week to the next.so I say again if
12-13000 miles a month makes someone happy no matter what the
rate is then happy 12 loads a month.keep reading them books and keep going to the RV parks and keep taking mini
vacations.LOL.this jobs for you!!!!.
:p