Alert Illinois State Police Safety Checks

bobwg

Expert Expediter
From ksdk.com Illinois State police plan to increase roadside safety checks during the month of January in the southern part of the state near St Louis including the following counties St Clair, Bond, Monroe,Madison, and Clinton. They will be looking for impaired drivers, unsafe drivers ie tailgating, etc. The story only mentions the area near St Louis since this is from a local tv station so may or may not be doing this in other parts of the state

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
This is usually propoganda advertising meant to SCARE the drivers into compliance, I rarely see the IL State Police in Southern IL especially near St Louis unless your coming across the Bridge into the State at the borders...I live in Illinois Near St Louis they do there Roadside safety checks for Seat belts mainly near the shopping areas, but its rarely the State PO PO...There always on the I 44 stretch of Highway where the bad accident happened thats brought about the CELL PHONE ban, its Missouri Stae patrol there but thats just a dangerous stretch of Highway with far too much traffic at rush hours...In Ill you can find the Stae Police on I 55 North bound as well as 70 as these are the so called Drug Corridors, 64 Coming out of Downtown will have its share as well, but these ads they run on TV are part of the obgoing SCARE THE HELL OUTTA THE DRIVERS campaign which is often waged around these parts.