Alaska

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
So far I have been to every state but Alaska. I am planning on to get a load for there one day! Anyone here has experience driving a load there? Please share your experience! Also what were the rates given for that journey?
Thank you!

What a glorious Day!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No experience with that, but definitely on my bucket list to do at least once.
I'd do it strictly for the experience.
I've heard of a few that have done it, but it's a pretty rare event for most.

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
I been offered a few times. Once they took out bid and it was a large one but they ended up needing a lift gate and it felt through! Same here, would love to do it for experience!

What a glorious Day!

Reactions: RoadTime

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I been offered a few times. Once they took out bid and it was a large one but they ended up needing a lift gate and it felt through! Same here, would love to do it for experience!

What a glorious Day!
Better take plenty of 5 gal containers for extra fuel. Also the money paid to the truck should be no less $10k.

Reactions: SoG

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
More like at least 5 gas cans.
25 gallons?? Gas stations are that rare eh!

What a glorious Day!
I’ve heard while traveling to get to Alaska there are gas stations along the way but few and far between. The best way is to have the extra cans and fuel up at every stop along the way just so you don’t have to use your emergency fuel.

Reactions: SoG

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
I’ve heard while traveling to get to Alaska there are gas stations along the way but few and far between. The best way is to have the extra cans and fuel up at every stop along the way just so you don’t have to use your emergency fuel.
Thanks for heads up!

What a glorious Day!

Reactions: Treadmill

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Another reason for the $10k is you will probably want to take the ferry back to Wa. Most likely you will have to deadhead out due to scarcity of loads going out. Of all my years of driving, I have not heardof anybody getting a load back out.

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
Another reason for the $10k is you will probably want to take the ferry back to Wa. Most likely you will have to deadhead out due to scarcity of loads going out. Of all my years of driving, I have not heardof anybody getting a load back out.
Those ferry's take trucks like ours?? What do they charge?

What a glorious Day!

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Those ferry's take trucks like ours?? What do they charge?

What a glorious Day!
I don’t know but I heard they are pricey. Trip is done over a few days.