Advertisements

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think the recently added advertisements/banners within the threads of the forum are annoying, to say the least.

I understand their importance, I'm simply providing some feedback.

I think the main reason is due to how deceptively similar they are to posted messages from members. If I log onto a thread and want to quickly read through posts, these ads are like speed bumps. All members .. drivers, owner/ops, fleet owners, corporate executives, etc .. have increasing demands on their time throughout the day.

If they must exist embedded throughout the forum perhaps they can be differentiated in some way; have them stand out a bit. Maybe they can be shaded a characteristic hue of pepto bismol pink?

speed bumps.jpg

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Diarrhea of the ads is getting really frustrating :mad:

I'm to the point I don't even want to come on here anymore :oops:

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Considering all the ads are for straight trucks and tractors, and the only people left on here are vanners, I'm thinking the advertisers aren't getting much bang for thier buck either. That and the fact that 98% of the members are gone/mia it seems.

I don't do Facebook, but is the Facebook page suffering similar decline?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Considering all the ads are for straight trucks and tractors, and the only people left on here are vanners, and retirees, , I'm thinking the advertisers aren't getting much bang for thier buck either. That and the fact that 98% of the members are gone/mia it seems.

Fixed it.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Considering all the ads are for straight trucks and tractors, and the only people left on here are vanners, I'm thinking the advertisers aren't getting much bang for thier buck either. That and the fact that 98% of the members are gone/mia it seems.

Stopped following FB expeditors sites because of way to many that are clueless posting. While I am hardly one of the most longtime EO posters (OVM, Fasty, Rags, Ntime, Eddie, etc.) There was a certain comradery in the group.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Sorry I just don’t get why these ads are so annoying or so difficult to navigate around.
I find the variety of companies soliciting help interesting.
Just my opinion :sunglasses:

Stay safe
KG

Reactions: Lawrence

msams

Administrator
Staff member
Hi folks, I appreciate the feedback. The "embedded" jobs were something new we were trying out. I've made an update to the placement of the embedded jobs so that they are only shown to guest users now. Once you're signed in they will not appear.