Adding trucks with you carrier

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For those who have more than one vehicle signed on with your carrier, were you able to get any better rate per mile when you added the additional vehicle(s)? Did you get any other benefit(s) by having more than one vehicle signed on?

Leo
truck 4958
73 KE5FJG

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have never heard of anyone getting extra $ with additional trucks, but sometimes I think they get more consideration for dispatches which equates to more $. Just my thoughts, nothing hard to go by.

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Well LDB I will tell you that the only thing additional that I got was more Headaches.

There was no benefit at all that I saw and I had more than one truck and was with more than one carrier. None of them gave me any benefits.

Now I have heard, only via the big nasty grapevine, that one of the big carriers tend to give special treatment to their big owners. I have also heard that some of those big owners are also employes of that company. I have no idea how true it is but I very much doubt that unless you have a big fleet of trucks that you will ever see any special treatment.

Good luck adding your addtional trucks. I still think it is the right way to go if you have the pocketbook and stomach for it and you get HONEST employees. I am down to one truck and I drive it and it is going to be that way a long time here at my little trucking business. I am smart enough to know I was not smart enough to know.

Raceman
OTR O/O

tec1959

Expert Expediter
Leo hi well raceman is right no added benefits expect more headaches.The O/O I drove for had 5 trucks and they made no extra Income per mile as far as pay to the trucks.It only helps when all the trucks are running and running well,Thats where extra Income may come in.But you now have more dollars going out now for each piece of equiptment,You may save on buying some things in bulk. But is it really worth it??????

Leo good luck on whatever you do...
Tec1959 Just my 2 cents...:)