Add me to list of people who got screwed at weigh

Sterling_owner

Expert Expediter
I got my KYU number from KY a few weeks ago and have a temporary sign on the truck. They said its not good enough and are slapping me with a $500 fine. ::WTF:: I gotta get more details from my driver, but because of this he is probably going to run out of hours before he can deliver his load. I think its time to let this one go, he is always the one that gets busted, threatened to quit if I send him to Texas one more time, and he's 2/2 for getting me a fine. My other driver has done the same route 20 times and never one problem. Also, part of the reason he is going to run out of hours is because he decided to call it a night yesterday about 3 hours early.

2 1999 Sterling Semis
2000 Ford F650 24ft box truck
Now hiring driver in Cleveland, Ohio area.

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
RE: Add me to list of people who got screwed at we

Sorry to hear about this...really makes ya wonder doesn't it?

mcbride-
--What goes around comes around--

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

HOW DID YOU GET SCREWED????

If I recall a while back when you first started to post on the site and ask about an Authority someone questioned you about the type you had. Right? I think you posted that you were confused. Right? Then either in that same post or in another post someone warned you of the different permits you needed for the States as well as a US permit. In fact if I remember correctly, the poster stressed about KY. Right? If you don’t recall I can pull them up and remind you of the posts. Then about 2 or 3 weeks ago you posted about your driver getting a ticket for not having the proper permits for the truck owned by you. Right? If you got your KY dot # 2 weeks ago why didn’t you put it on the truck? Or do you mean you applied 2 weeks ago? Unless they have e-file which I’m not aware of.

Now here you are admitting to putting a temporary sign on your truck (I assume it is a cardboard sign, stating you sent for your state permit) in place of your KY permit numbers for KY. Putting a sing on the truck is like putting a neon lit sign on the truck. It’s a magnet for ever cop on the road. When in fact the state law is that NO ONE! Can operate until they get their confirmation letter and permit number back from the state which takes about 6 weeks, or didn’t you read that part on the application? Then the owner or driver for the owner puts 2” letters/numbers identifying and matching the letter from the state on the truck door. Then you get on a public forum divulging your own personal business matters, and blame the driver! Personally I don’t care what you do or say on this forum as long as it’s in compliance with our terms but how professional is that of you? AND! What business is it of the whole world?

What if your driver saw this tread, (He would no doubt post a come back that may start world war 3 on the forum. Your quote “I think its time to let this one go, he is always the one that gets busted” about him! My opinion and daily practices are – run legal and are worry free!!! If you would have waited for KY to reply he would have been legal, and you wouldn’t be getting the fine. If you knew the truck wasn’t legal did you ask him or tell him not to run into KY. What about perspective customers of yours reading this. There are about 50000 people weekly that read this forum, and call people like yourself to haul loads. ANYWAY GOOD LUCK and I hope you don’t get anymore tickets. Remember you are just as much at fault as your driver is maybe more!!!

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Tony,,very well said.If you are going to run the roads you need to know the rules..

Sterling_owner

Expert Expediter

I stand corrected and apologize. For 1 I was fined in LA not KY, and I guess I got cr@ppy info, because I was informed that the temporary sign would be legal. As far as the driver goes, I'm just waiting to find a new driver before I let him go. He has been nothing but a pain the behind for the last year. #1 I have the same sign on our other truck and he has been pulled over for a random inspection and passed. Maybe it was luck, maybe not I'm not sure. I give this driver local loads, he's not happy. I give him long haul he's not happy. When I ask him whats makes him happy, he says whatever I need, but he is always complaining, always dragging his feet. One many occasions a 2 hour run has taken him 5 or 6 hours to do, when I question him he says there was traffic yet his GPS "got unplugged" at the same time. I thought I was 100% legal, whenever something is done that raises a red flag to my driver, they inform me and I rectify the situation, whether it be getting a correct permit, or canceling the load. Happy trucking!

2 1999 Sterling Semis
2000 Ford F650 24ft box truck
Now hiring driver in Cleveland, Ohio area.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

I'm glad you admitted that the legal things related to the truck are YOUR responsibility Sterling Owner, yet I can fully understand (and have) where it is almost impossible to know every law of every state and locality at every given time. Every truck driver is going to be a victim of unknown state or local laws at some time or another, it's just the reality of a national DOT never becoming what they were originally created to be. Money and politics made that so.
If you don't like this perticular driver, which you don't, you will just have to pony up and tell him to take a hike. If he doesn't want to drive the truck and does nothing but whine and waste time, just tell him he might be better off with a different career.
-Weave-

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Sterling Owner,if you don!t mind can you tell us what you are paying (ballpark figure) for insurance?Thinking of going your route,Thanks

zingfu25

Expert Expediter

Well maybe its just me but hopefully not. I cant believe you are discussing this guys future with your business, with everyone in here and not with him. Using him until another driver comes along is not right either. If you are not confident with him and look at him as a magnet for fines, you should let him go before he incurs any more monetary losses for you. Just my thoughts.