about freightliner FL70

G

hi everyone, if i could get some info about the FL70 i'm about to buy a used 2000 model with 400K miles and autoshift.Would this truck last another 400k if well taken care of. Please help

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I cant speak to the durability of this truck,but have you checked with the carrier you intend to run for? Most expeditors have policys about how old a truck they will sign.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Need a little more info.What brand and type of Engine is in the truck.Do have the maintenance records to be sure that maintenance was performed on schedule. I assueme it is an expediting truck so if you can find the company it was leased to,you should be able to find out how it performed and most important if it was involved in an accident.
Open the hood and if you see a yellow Cat 3126 be careful.Lots of stories on this forum about that engine needing major repairs at about 400k.There is always an exception as Dave KC can prove. Also what is the price they want to sell it at,what size sleeper and box is important.

G

Im thinking about buying a 2000 Feightliner Fl-70 with 400K miles,Engine Cat 3126 250HP with 6-speed autoshift,and 72" bentz double sleeper.What I would like to know,does these types of engines,and transmissions have Horror stories and if it does is Cummins a better type of engine.Please provide me with any info it will be GREATELY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU:)