9/11 One Year Later

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Today is the anniversary of the attck on our country one year ago. Lets just remember all the people that suffered in that tragedy and keep them, and our country in our thoughts and our prayers today. GB

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I saw ground zero early Mon. morning. I had to pickup at JFK Mon. afternoon. I had a bit of extra time so I drove over the Manhattan bridge and parked my truck on the street in Chinatown before sunup and put the flashers on as if I was delivering something there. I walked over as fast and close as I could. What you see on TV does not justify the scale of it. One HUGE hole! Many stories deep and many blocks large. I could see where they are attaching the cables to secure the old foundation walls. As the sun was coming up, I saw some of the old subway openings. Had to get back to my truck quick, but you can best bet I was wiping some tears from my face on the run back to it.
-Weave-

Forerunner

Expert Expediter
Weave,
I can understand your feelings after seeing ground Zero. I saw it two (2) months after it occurred and was able to see it from a viewing platform inside. As you said, What you see on TV does not justify the scale of it. Two(2) guys I knew since 1st grade perished in this tragedy. My thoughts and prayers to everyone.....GB