9/11 and The New Terrorists

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Are you suggesting the US govt hand out free fentanyl and fentanyl-laced counterfeits? We're not talking about pot or free syringes, this stuff is serious poison and the cartels - in league with the Chinese - are killing a lot of innocent Americans with it.

BTW, money is the least of our concerns with this problem.
They wont do it, but that is the only way to "win" the war on drugs. Yes you will have a lot of people OD, but most of those people are not contributing anyway. And I have had a cousin who died a couple of years ago and my sister I expect to get a call any day about, so I know exactly what is at stake.

As long as there is a demand for drugs, there will be a supply, capitalism 101.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We see how that plan's working out in places like San Francisco and LA. But under your scenario, instead of homeless drug addicts living on the sidewalks and using the streets for their latrine they'd laying there dead. I guess the upside would be a lot less sewage to clean up - just corpses. But there would still be those teenagers who'd think they're getting adderall o_O

That still leaves the pesky issue of Mexican cartels and their human trafficking, along with other criminal activities like sex slavery. The whole point is to eliminate the source of these problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: danthewolf00

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We see how that plan's working out in places like San Francisco and LA. But under your scenario, instead of homeless drug addicts living on the sidewalks and using the streets for their latrine they'd laying there dead. I guess the upside would be a lot less sewage to clean up - just corpses. But there would still be those teenagers who'd think they're getting adderall o_O

That still leaves the pesky issue of Mexican cartels and their human trafficking, along with other criminal activities like sex slavery. The whole point is to eliminate the source of these problems.
True, even if you remove all the drug money, there are still other means of revenue. The sex thing will be a little reduced if we were to make prostitution legal but it wont stop it all.

• Haha

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sorry, can't support this one.
These are human beings not throw aways.
I know, I dont like it either, but most of the homeless you hear about in the big cities have nothing else to look forward to in life but the next high. Most are beyond help, if we give them the drugs they want, at least we dont have to worry about them stealing to get their next fix.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Or give Mexico 120 days to take care of it and if not then lock the border. Don't accept any manufactured goods from them. Don't allow any money wire transfers to them. Completely shut them out until they solve the problem.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Or give Mexico 120 days to take care of it and if not then lock the border. Don't accept any manufactured goods from them. Don't allow any money wire transfers to them. Completely shut them out until they solve the problem.
The problem is many politicians down there are corrupt and getting paid to look the other way......because how else would these mega carvans be getting up here thru Mexico.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Fine... No issues

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

All vehicle production here would stop if that happened. Also a lot of food comes over that border for us.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The corrupt politicians would be part of what they have to solve. Yes, it would be an issue although anything not from Mexico could still enter.

The other option is to give them 120 days to solve it before we initiate marshal law and militarily solve the problem ourselves with extreme prejudice, cartels and gangs/ms13 etc. both.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The corrupt politicians would be part of what they have to solve. Yes, it would be an issue although anything not from Mexico could still enter.

The other option is to give them 120 days to solve it before we initiate marshal law and militarily solve the problem ourselves with extreme prejudice, cartels and gangs/ms13 etc. both.
Stop money transfers into Mexico. Freeze/confiscate cartel assets by working with international banks. We've done it with the Iranians and other enemies. And send some rough men across the border in the dark of night to make some scumbags disappear. A few drone strikes wouldn't hurt either. It may sound drastic, but consider what they're doing to us. Right now it looks like we're worried about offending the Mexican government, when in fact they're thoroughly corrupted by the cartels.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This article is four years old, but it offers a good description of the corrupt relationship the Mexican government has with the cartels that's even worse today than it was then.

They're supposed to be one of our allies, but the truth is we have a state sponsor of terrorism just across our wide open southern border. What happens when their govt - or the cartels - make friends with Iran or China? But wait - who gives them the fentanyl and the raw materials to make it?