$5.00 border crossing fee?

C5BILL

Expert Expediter
Anyone out there understand what's going on here? Sometimes they collect it, sometimes they don't. One time they gave me a ticket and would not accept the cash and forced me to go into the custom's office to pay it as I was in the wrong lane. How does the decal work? Is the decal worth while when doing approximately 50 crossings annually?

mvbn1

Expert Expediter
I bought a bridge decal several months ago, and all of that "mind game" stuff went away. One time, prior to getting my decal, I was told I needed to go inside, because I was being "fined". I went inside and the Customs officer inside just laughed. He said that the guy in the booth I went to, like to "screw" with cargo vans going through the commerical lanes. If you are going to be crossing more then 20 times a year, the decal is will worth the money, ($100.00).

whitewolf53

Expert Expediter
EXACTLY:THE CUSTOMS GUY LIKES TO SCREW WITH CARGO VANS.WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING ELSE.IT JUST ISN'T THE VANS THEY SCREW WITH ,IT IS EVERY ONE OF US WHO IS OUT THERE TRYING TO MAKE AN HONEST DOLLAR.THE HASSELS AND B---S--T OF GOING INTO CANADA AND THEN THE WORST PART OF TRYING TO GET BACK INTO YOUR OWN COUNTRY ARE NOT WORTH IT.AND THE GALL OF THE U.S. IN FINING YOU 5 GRAND IF YOU DONT HAVE ALL YOUR I'S DOTTED AND YOUR T'S CROSSED IS JUST TO MUCH TO BEAR. I SAY SCREW THOSE BORDER CROSSINGS,THERE IS ENOUGH FREIGHT HERE TO KEEP YOU HAPPY WITHOUT HAVING TO GO THROUGH THAT INTIMIDATION AT THE BORDERS.

WHITEWOLF 53

HERE LIZARD LIZARD LIZARD
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p