2014 Hino 195 dash warning lights

IdiotWithATruck

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Just bought a 195 for our business to haul our freight from store to store, it didn't have the owners manual with it and for the life of me I can't find one online. does anyone know what the difference between the engine light and the engine light with the word check below it is? The engine light keeps kicking on and then resets after a restart every time I drive more than 7 miles at 65mph. I'll drive all day doing 55mph and it stays off, then on the drive home at the end of the day I hit the highway and it kicks on at almost the same spot.

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
What year is it? I have manuals available for purchase. Book, CD and thumb drive. Send me a PM if interested. The solid yellow engine outline is a MIL light (malfunction indicator lamp) it sets when emissions related faults basically anything that can cause the truck to emit higher than normal emissions. The yellow engine with the checknuder it is the CEL or check engine light. This is usually reserved for engine related issues that are not emissions related. Such as low coolant. Hopefully this answers your question.

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
Sounds like it could be a Turbo issue if I have to guess. I have seen where they set a code for low boost pressure but only at higher speeds. Had one guy it would only set if you hit 73mph. So I dropped his max speed to 72 and it never bothered again. Could also be 100 other things. You would need to have the codes pulled to accurately diagnose the issue.

IdiotWithATruck

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Thanks Hino123, It's a 2014. I just had to replace the turbo in August. It's strange, it only come on when I'm driving home on the highway, I start my day with a 15 mile drive on the highway and it never comes on, sometimes occasionally it pops on towards the end of my day when I'm driving 55mph but if it's stayed off all day it will 100% of the time come on at almost the same mile marker on the highway. I try and always keep it around 65 just because of how high the RPMs are running at highway speed. I'll call the diesel shop across the street from us who did the turbo replacement and get them to pull the codes.

Reactions: Hino123