2006 SPRINTER 2500

DAN

Seasoned Expediter
I will like to know if you guys who own a 2006 sprinter 2500-153 are happy or not and why?.I like to buy one and I need some feedback,thanks:) :)

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
I figured someone should give you some input. I have a 2005 Sprinter van which I bought last September and I have about 92,000 miles on it. So far I like it very much. The only complaints I have are as follows. 1.Some of the dealer network seems to be less than competent on this vehicle. 2.The thing uses very expensive synthetic oil, transmission fluid, and rear end oil. 3.The parts are not readily available and they are expensive. Even general maintenance items. Still, it gets 22 mpg loaded and is very quiet and smooth riding for a van. Mine is now at the stage where I feel comfortable doing my own general maintenance so I should lower my fixed maintenance costs over the next few months. All in all I'm very happy with my Sprinter despite the drawbacks.
One thing you should be aware of is the seats are uncomfortable for some people. I like them very much but DannyD had a lot of trouble with back pain with his. You should make sure they are a good fit for you before you make that kind of an investment.

tazman

Expert Expediter
You might want to check out the classified page here ....
I guy in Michigan is selling a 2005 unit...all set up...with about 30k on the odometer.....
You'll be saving about $8k over a new unit...and it's virtually the same truck as an 06......

I'm considering the unit for a client of mine....not a done deal..so feel free to jump on it...

Frank in Pa.

"The Beast in the East"

tazman

Expert Expediter
I have several clients that have found the upgraded seats with the air-operated lumbar support....work pretty well....
Check a Freightliner or Dodge parts dealer for pricing....

Just my 2 cent worth !!!
Frank in Pa.

"The Beast in the East"