$200 a barrel projected

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Excerpt: " Options traders are betting more than ever that crude oil is heading to $200 a barrel as some websites call for a “Day of Rage” in Saudi Arabia and anti- government protests spread in the Middle East and North Africa.

The CHART OF THE DAY shows open interest, or the number of outstanding contracts, for “call” options to buy New York crude for June delivery at $200 a barrel. The number has escalated, along with crude futures, to the highest since the options started trading in July 2009 amid worsening civil unrest in Libya and rare demonstrations in Saudi Arabia. "

Saudi Arabia's `Day of Rage' Lures Record Bets on $200 Oil: Chart of Day - Bloomberg

:mad:

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Excerpt: " Options traders are betting more than ever that crude oil is heading to $200 a barrel as some websites call for a “Day of Rage” in Saudi Arabia and anti- government protests spread in the Middle East and North Africa.

The CHART OF THE DAY shows open interest, or the number of outstanding contracts, for “call” options to buy New York crude for June delivery at $200 a barrel. The number has escalated, along with crude futures, to the highest since the options started trading in July 2009 amid worsening civil unrest in Libya and rare demonstrations in Saudi Arabia. "

Saudi Arabia's `Day of Rage' Lures Record Bets on $200 Oil: Chart of Day - Bloomberg

:mad:

We need coal-to-oil plants fired up yesterday. I'm sure it will happen soon; only an enemy of America would oppose that.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
What amazes me is West Texas Crude and Alaskan oil selling for the same thing on the world market. Another thing is the fact that we import refined gas because the environmentalist won't let us build more refinery's. Something else you don't hear much about is the shale coal in North and South Dakota being refined in Canada. I think a lot of it is catching all the oil coming into our country and the government collecting import duties on it. If it were drilled here they wouldn't have that money.:cool:

Rob1982

Seasoned Expediter
This is just my take on it. But its just crazy that were stuck at the whim of these terrorist and wanting to blow pipelines up and stuff like that. The goverenment can do a lot to try and cap the price of gas but they choose simply not to. Cause the way I see it half of congress is pretty much owned by big oil any way. Thats where a lot of their campaign money usually comes from and when congress tries to say were doing something about it the oil companies go hey rememeber we helped you out. I dont know the truth behind this but I hear we really only get 2% of our oil from libya. And yet were subjigated to having to pay their prices. We have so much in reserve its not funny and yet we continue to pay high gas prices. And any progress our country has made out of a recession, if gas continues to go higher, our country is going to wind up in the same place as it was when gas was going for 4.30 a gallon... Just my take on it