$1.80+ Per Mile

DieselDriver

Seasoned Expediter
Mr. Mueller, I was reading the, Find Jobs portion of EO and found a PTL ad that states straight trucks make $1.80+ per mile.
Please explain to me how a solo straight truck can make that kind of money when you only pay $1.20 per mile, plus FSC which equals roughly .20 -.25 per mile, depending on fuel prices.
If you, the driver, can make that kind of money, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me how I can do it before I go bankrupt from low pay and NO miles.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Robert;

I understand you spoke with Scott yesterday on the 29th and received an explanation for your post. How about some postive props now where deserved.

Thanks,

DieselDriver

Seasoned Expediter
There must have been a misunderstanding somewhere, my name is not Robert, its Keith and I have not spoken to Scott or received any explanations as how to make $1.80+ a mile with PTL, cause God knows I want to...and I will gladly and abundantly give props when props are due.
I don't want to make a big issue over this, but if I'm doing something wrong, I want to correct it.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Keith;

Sorry I had the name incorrect - likely result from me trying to address a problem posted by a driver on a public website behind a sceen name. When I reasarched the driver I thought you were we discovered the gentleman had been averaging $2.13 per loaded mile - thus my response.

Scott and Dan are looking into your past settlements to seek out problems or shortcomings. We will call you to discuss.

I try not to get involved in Operational issues - I've never dispatched a load in my life.

Thanks,

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Keith I private messaged you a response.

Thanks,

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
I can't believe Paul charged me $100 to post that! :)

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Paul;

Sounds good to me. When are you taking me to Mancy's?