New Expediter

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I know that you're motivating factor is not money ... and that's all we need is another "lifestyle" vanner.
Welcome to the club. You'll fit right in ...
Come on now Griz... be nice .. that Sprinter seat was going to get filled be somebody. Better it's by someone that wants learn the biz, than just a wheel holder.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Come on now Griz... be nice .. that Sprinter seat was going to get filled be somebody. Better it's by someone that wants learn the biz, than just a wheel holder.

Rags, I agree with your sentiment ... but the guy stated he's got 6.5 yrs of experience.
He's not learning, he's seasoned.
To each his own ...

• Sad
Reactions: expediter19

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Rags, I agree with your sentiment ... but the guy stated he's got 6.5 yrs of experience.
He's not learning, he's seasoned.
To each his own ...
I took that as meaning 6 yrs driving, not necessarily expediting.
Perhaps NewTrucker48 can clear that up for us.

NewTrucker48

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
I forgot if I asked anyone’s permission on how and what to drive. Did I miss the part where anyone having issues with what vehicle I’m driving taking care of their bills and mine also if I did what they wanted? Seems people got mixed up on which lane is theirs and which lane is for others. Let’s not overstep boundaries.

D1964

Rookie Expediter
Driver
I know that you're motivating factor is not money ... and that's all we need is another "lifestyle" vanner.
Welcome to the club. You'll fit right in ...
To totally fit in, he needs to get those Adidas nylon pants and flip-flops, lol

• Sad

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Currently in New Jersey, had some really productive weeks. On break waiting for another load. Champ meets a lot of new friends every shipper and receiver we go to. He doesn’t know how to contain himself. New sights and smells. And head rubs.

I'll bite ...
What do you consider productive weeks?

• Sad

NewTrucker48

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
How about for me? I've been nice.
? I don’t understand your question. I’m truly opposed to people overstepping their roles and understand now why not a lot of people post here. What does my production have to do with anyone else?

I just like the idea of being in a sprinter van; doing what I do and enjoying it. Understanding that I’m twisting the knife in someone’s hurt feelings cause I’m doing so. Now that’s the funny part.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just curious what you consider a productive week. It doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.

Reactions: Compa

NewTrucker48

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just curious what you consider a productive week. It doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.
Exactly, that’s why it doesn’t matter me sharing what I consider a productive week. If me being in a sprinter van cause someone to cry over it, my productive week will too. So avoiding it altogether. Thank that guy for overstepping his boundaries.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
This is what a good week means to me. $1.50 or more a mile with so many miles that I literally needed to put myself out of service to get some rest. This happened many moons ago when I was in the sprinter. Of course, this is not achievable now. I hanged in there for many years after that hoping that things would turn around. They didn't. In fact it got worse, much worse.
That is why about 3 years ago I bought a straight truck to test the waters. It worked out pretty good.

So I don't think Grizzly overstepped his boundaries. He just tried to convey a point that many don't see.

The thing to do in this business like in every business in order to make money is to move away from the herd in one way or another. Some are happy to work for peanuts. Which is fine by me if they are happy, but I am not. I want to make some money. And driving the straight I make more money working less. Sure, I deal with the hours of service but in my opinion it is well worth the inconvenience.

IMHO of course.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

NewTrucker48

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's the whole purpose of forums.... to share ideas and information.

I'm sorry if you were offended by a request to share information.
I was sharing fine until someone decided to hate that I was in a sprinter van. Once again thank that guy. Nothing is going to change that. If people can’t see that he overstepped his role that’s on them not me.

NewTrucker48

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is what a good week means to me. $1.50 or more a mile with so many miles that I literally needed to put myself out of service to get some rest. This happened many moons ago when I was in the sprinter. Of course, this is not achievable now. I hanged in there for many years after that hoping that things would turn around. They didn't. In fact it got worse, much worse.
That is why about 3 years ago I bought a straight truck to test the waters. It worked out pretty good.

So I don't think Grizzly overstepped his boundaries. He just tried to convey a point that many don't see.

The thing to do in this business like in every business in order to make money is to move away from the herd in one way or another. Some are happy to work for peanuts. Which is fine by me if they are happy, but I am not. I want to make some money. And driving the straight I make more money working less. Sure, I deal with the hours of service but in my opinion it is well worth the inconvenience.

IMHO of course.

A point that he has no right to attempt to make. It’s not his life or business. Simple. Should stay in his lane. No need to try to justify someone in the wrong

NewTrucker48

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Something I learned as a kid. Don’t offer your opinion unless asked. Last I checked I didn’t ask anyone’s. Just shared what I was doing. Grown men realize their place and when it’s not.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Grown men also realize that this is a forum where everyone is free to share their opinion. Just by posting here invites others to respond. No ofense was intended.

I've been on here for a long time and I've seen lots of different kind of people come and go from expediting. Generally, the most successful ones were the ones with thicker skin that came on here to learn. We could be quite blunt sometimes and sometimes we poke fun at each other. Enjoy whatever vehicle you chose to drive and have fun sharing with others. Don't let anybody spoil your fun.

Cheers.