It’s 2018. Come on In

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There should be no significant delay. Goods should be pre-cleared before you arrive. If not, I believe the canucks can impose a fine. Someone help me out here ... I haven't been north of the border since the exchange rate flipped.

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app
"should be" is the key word in the sentence.

You just sit at the border, never fined.

"Amazing Grace, half-decent rates..."
I would never approach the border until given the ok to do so.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Today marks six weeks without sugar. Running 5 miles a day...no meat, dairy or flour. No caffeine! The change has been fantastic! I feel great! Zero alcohol! A healthy diet, a healthy VEGAN diet, gluten free, caffeine-free, sugar-free, and a 2-hour workout everyday. I don't know whose status this is, but I was really proud of them. So I decided to copy and paste.

This will make Ovm .. proud

All aboard the Freight Train
Oh boy, too much NyQuil?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is 15 hours delay at the border long time to wait?
I am about to go back home if they won't decide in next few minutes.

There should be no significant delay. Goods should be pre-cleared before you arrive. If not, I believe the canucks can impose a fine. Someone help me out here ... I haven't been north of the border since the exchange rate flipped.

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app
So can the US ... if you get to the gate before you are cleared .. and they will turn you back as well

Reactions: ntimevan

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So can the US ... if you get to the gate before you are cleared .. and they will turn you back as well
3 times not cleared into Canada and once into US. Never was turned back. BP was understanding and polite enough to let you sit in "limbo zone" (in between countries) and wait until green light is given. You just have to be polite and they will be nice to you too.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
2bdfd22eaf4ce6c9fbf2cb4be171412b--stupid-funny-so-funny.jpg

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
3 times not cleared into Canada and once into US. Never was turned back. BP was understanding and polite enough to let you sit in "limbo zone" (in between countries) and wait until green light is given. You just have to be polite and they will be nice to you too.

I wouldn't take this risk. We all know how to be polite but I don't mess with customs regulations ... not even a little.
It sounds like you're getting bad communication. Remember your butt is the one is hanging on the line as well.
I won't approach the border until it's confirmed that the goods are pre-cleared.

Reactions: VSprinter

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Must have an enhanced drivers license or a passport to get into either country, even for sIghtseeing.
Passports we carry. Just curious if some nice spring weekend we would have any trouble crossing in a van?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
Shouldn’t have any problem crossing. Just make sure that you cross with the cars and not the trucks because you will need a ACI manifest to cross into Canada on the truck side even if you are empty. If you don’t have one and are going through the truck side expect to pay a fine of about $10k for not having one. Just go through the car side and you will be just fine.

Last edited: