January 2016 locations

TDave

Expert Expediter
Had offers all week but no call backs, oh well tomorrow I'll be sipping bourbon on the Ohio River in Marietta for our birthday getaway

Have fun I always liked the area over there. So empty in Buffalo, funny thing happened before unloading let me give you folks a quick back story.....

Yesterday afternoon with dispatch
Me: Hi looks like a pretty good load except its a 8pm pick up and a 10am drop. That's at the very end if my 14 hr if I was at picj up already. I'll probably be there at 5am can I drop early?
Dispatch: Sure its a 24/7 facility.
Me: Are you positive?
Dispatch : Completely do you want to run load?
Me: Ok as long as your positive I can drop early.

Guess whom is now at GM with no hours to drive...... :|

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yea Marietta is my favorite weekend getaway, I always had the opposite happen to me, can't deliver till 6 am not 24/7 but I drive anyways only to unload 8 hours early! But then again I have no log book to fudge!

TDave

Expert Expediter
Yea Marietta is my favorite weekend getaway, I always had the opposite happen to me, can't deliver till 6 am not 24/7 but I drive anyways only to unload 8 hours early! But then again I have no log book to fudge!

Yeah I've been in that position before just when it goes the other way kinda sucks. Oh well the line is set again and since my clock refreshes a couple of hours earlier hoping to get out of here :) The whole "when life gives you lemons make lemonade" senario :)

Reactions: fastman_1

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What the...?

Had an interesting bazaar experience last night. Went to the store last night despite the pitifully plowed roads in Port Huron.

Loaded up groceries in the dark and noticed the light on my Espar control panel was off. Figured it ran out of juice since I've been off, which it did.

After unloading, turned on the interior light and climbed in back of sprinter to check the Espar. I stopped as I noticed what looked liked crushed glass all over the floor.

My first thought was that something shattered and looked up at my roof vent. Nope all good there.

Then I started looking around and was shocked to see everything was covered with these crushed looking pieces of glass from front to back. Even my bed was covered. What in the world caused this mess?

Then I saw it.

On my bed laid the remnants of a 2 liter bottle of Mountain Dew that literally exploded and went airborne from its original location. I had 3 bottles, but this one became a WOMD. Besides sending crushed Dew everywhere, it also launched some larger then golf ball size pieces throughout the van.

So I proceeded to sweep and clean up this crazy mess. What a horrible mess this could have turned into had it melted.

After my shock, I could only laugh at the situation, and very thankful that I wasn't back there when it exploded.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Had offers all week but no call backs, oh well tomorrow I'll be sipping bourbon on the Ohio River in Marietta for our birthday getaway
I went to college at Marietta. 0.0 GPA at mid term and they suggested a transfer into the USAF. I should probably have sued them because at orientation they never said I had to go to klass!!

wayneygogo

Seasoned Expediter
Finally got one out of Baton Rouge going to Georgia I'm just ahead of a major storm front heading east on I 12 it looks like the size of the state the whole state coming into southern Louisiana and into Alabama Mississippi big storm

Reactions: TDave

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Another 15 minutes or so before the troublemaker gets the keys to the funny farm back LOL
Funny%2BFarm%2BSign.jpg