Your Thoughts

Jeeper

Seasoned Expediter

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hmmm...that is approx 679 miles a day for 365 days, or every day of the yr....if you have taken the time to research this business you should know that we sit alot, sometimes for 3-4 days at a time, sometimes more.....then you have time out of service.....

I think you can see where this is going ....;)

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
On this ad....Expediters Online.com - The Expedited Freight Information Center

I called up the number and talked with the guy. Solo's or Teams. Pay is $0.25 a mile and you pay for fuel and they pay for everything else. Pay seems pretty low but they do claim their sprinter drivers made $62K in 2010 :confused: At .25 you would have to drive 248000 miles if my calculator is correct. BS or Truth? Anyone drive for them ?

Wow! Maybe the ones who made the $62K were being paid more than the $.25. I think the company I am leased with, pays more than that to the drivers of their van. Plus, company pays for the fuel.

It really doesn't seem like too good of a deal to me. But what do I know. I am just a solo straight truck driver.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
you ask for thoughts. i wouldnt even begin to think about it. read into the statement.

ErieBigDawg

Seasoned Expediter
Depending on load and type of Sprinter, MPG, etc.

At today's fuel price and an avg. 20 MPG...It would cost you over 16 cents per mile...JUST for the fuel!

That leaves you 9 cents per mile. Drive 500 miles and you made $45.00! If it took you 7 hours...you earned $6.42 per hour. NOT even minimum wage.

NOT GOOD...but I am real new!!

Bluto1234

Seasoned Expediter
At today's fuel price and an avg. 20 MPG...It would cost you over 16 cents per mile...JUST for the fuel!

That leaves you 9 cents per mile. Drive 500 miles and you made $45.00! If it took you 7 hours...you earned $6.42 per hour. NOT even minimum wage.

I'm new, but that sounds, uh, really bad. Imagine if you only got 16mpg, you'll be driving for free!

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
Maybe the 62k is what the driver made for the owner? The driver went broke.Now they have empty seat to fill?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Based on that number, we are really over compensating our teams.:eek:

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
hey i think this guy got his money crossed up if this is a blair i think they pay you .52 a mile then you pay for fuel and nothing else not that bad not that great either .like i would say to any wanting to drive a van.wait till you can get your own you will do way better.i learned that the hard way:)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you are paying fuel you should be getting 100% of the fsc on top of your pay. You shouldn't be paying anything else other than your occ/acc insurance anyway. There's got to be an error somewhere in that .25 figure but even .52 minus fuel is poor money unless it's .52 plus fsc and then it's decent money. Lots more research. Lots more research.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
More research on the whole not just this one little thing.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Can you please confirm that you meant to type $0.25 pay to the driver per mile, less fuel? Is that $0.25 per ALL miles? Loaded miles? You pay the fuel and then get reimbursed? Not reimbursed? Same twenty-five cents gets split into two if it's a team?

It's a huge oversight to leave out such major details. How can you possibly expect to get any kind of meaningful feedback?

According to your previous posts, you've been a cv driver for a fleet owner with Panther for the past 2 years. Whatever deal you're being presented with, do the math based on your own real-life experience.

Make sure you're talking apples to apples with whoever you're talking to about money. 'Made' $62K can mean sooooooooo many things that it is in fact meaningless. Perhaps the truck made $62K for 62,000 loaded miles and 77,500 total miles, for which the driver was paid $15,500 and from that $15,500 deducted the fuel... in my world, that is pretty much equal to driver made zero, while owner made maybe $40,000. See what a difference a few details can make?

On this ad....Expediters Online.com - The Expedited Freight Information Center

I called up the number and talked with the guy. Solo's or Teams. Pay is $0.25 a mile and you pay for fuel and they pay for everything else. Pay seems pretty low but they do claim their sprinter drivers made $62K in 2010 :confused: At .25 you would have to drive 248000 miles if my calculator is correct. BS or Truth? Anyone drive for them ?

Jeeper

Seasoned Expediter
oh i agree. i thought it was a good idea till he told me they pay their drivers .25 pm and that the drivers pay for fuel and they take care of the rest. Im not considering it so much now. He said the vans will be ready in 2 weeks so im guessing he is buying a bunch of them and putting on drivers. Also this is not for a fleet owner but for the company itself. Thanks for the thoughts. Just thought I would share.:cool:

Jeeper

Seasoned Expediter
Can you please confirm that you meant to type $0.25 pay to the driver per mile, less fuel? Is that $0.25 per ALL miles? Loaded miles? You pay the fuel and then get reimbursed? Not reimbursed? Same twenty-five cents gets split into two if it's a team?

It's a huge oversight to leave out such major details. How can you possibly expect to get any kind of meaningful feedback?

According to your previous posts, you've been a cv driver for a fleet owner with Panther for the past 2 years. Whatever deal you're being presented with, do the math based on your own real-life experience.

Make sure you're talking apples to apples with whoever you're talking to about money. 'Made' $62K can mean sooooooooo many things that it is in fact meaningless. Perhaps the truck made $62K for 62,000 loaded miles and 77,500 total miles, for which the driver was paid $15,500 and from that $15,500 deducted the fuel... in my world, that is pretty much equal to driver made zero, while owner made maybe $40,000. See what a difference a few details can make?

yes you read that right $0.25 ( 1 quarter/25 pennies ) per mile and the driver PAYS for fuel. Says it right in the ad driver pays fuel.

Yes you are correct I been with a fleet owner for 2 years and currently am. Been looking at the idea going ST but gonna hold off on that right now and keep driving a CV.