You Sir are and idiot

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Walker: ... is going to be needing a hair piece real soon ...
Carson: GOP Token No. 1
Jindal: GOP Token No. 2
Perry: ... the new specs ain't gonna cure what ails him ...
Bush: ... probably the only one of the bunch that has a prayer of a chance ...

Expect Mitt redux ...

Other than trying to dismiss him as a token what do you actually think of Carson?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Probably not too angry since many were bused in from out of state and many others were getting paid. Certainly not raising the flag for Walker but as mentioned, "is he the best idiot"? Not sure at this point.

As I mentioned before, the public comment period for the "right to work" legislation" logged 1751 people against, and 25 for, with many uncounted because it was abruptly shut down ahead of schedule. All those people were prescreened, so the pretense that the legislation didn't make a LOT of people angry is just deliberate blindness. Walker plays well to the far right conservatives, but that isn't a majority of actual voters. When the GOP officials say that "most public opinion polls show that a majority of voters support this" they are only fooling themselves.
Walker is an ALEC dream candidate, but what ALEC wants is not what most voters want, and they've said so, numerous times.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Probably not too angry since many were bused in from out of state and many others were getting paid. Certainly not raising the flag for Walker but as mentioned, "is he the best idiot"? Not sure at this point.
At this point Walker is the only conservative candidate that has a record of accomplishments and a history of defeating the liberals and democrats multiple times in a historically blue state. The majority of WI voters clearly approve of the results of his policies, having re-elected him by a 6.8% margin in the 2012 recall vote and a 5.7% margin in his 2014 campaign for a second term. Of course there will always be a noisy minority like the NEA to which the liberal media will run to first; but the facts speak for themselves. Any claim that he's not popular with a majority of the people of WI is pure nonsense, and the signing of right-to-work legislation will be well accepted by the general public in WI.

Keep in mind RTW law has recently passed in MI (!) and IN, and is being proposed in WV, a heavily unionized state since the days of John L Lewis. This trend is not an aberration, but demonstrates the fact that unions don't serve the purpose they did in the past. Democrats will certainly be damaged by the loss of the massive financial and grass roots support historically provided by these organizations.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Good, bad, or indifferent, the people of WI apparently do like him. To hard of a argument to put out there about people not liking him considering how many times he won and is still the governor.
They had plenty of opportunities to reject him and that hasn't happened up to this point.
No doubt the democrats don't like him. He is a threat to them and unions. That is the only reason you bus in and pay outsiders to show another picture through the media. In his case, didn't work.
Whether "right to work" law is passed, I have no idea but seemed to sail through in other states.
I wouldn't be surprised that it is adopted in WI considering his record against unions so far.

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Whether "right to work" law is passed, I have no idea but seemed to sail through in other states.
I wouldn't be surprised that it is adopted in WI considering his record against unions so far.
While it is true RTW passed in Michigan, it didn't sail, it was more like rammed thru by a lame duck session under the cover of darkness.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
While it is true RTW passed in Michigan, it didn't sail, it was more like rammed thru by a lame duck session under the cover of darkness.

So pretty much how all things get through nowadays. :cool:

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
The two major political parties have become so polarized that compromise is seen as weakness. On the national level, it began with Obama as he and his cohorts rammed through Obamacare without any consensus whatsoever. Rather than having the good sense to work with all parties involved, Obama's ego poisoned the well. Drunk on power he was never qualified to handle.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Join the movement. Encourage shippers to use Southern based carriers.

Ari, you have this as your tagline. Where can I find out more about this "Movement" that you speak of?