Wow! Stuck in Texas for 3 days, again! Am I ever gonna learn.

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
We finally got a run to Atlanta area on Thursday morning. The runs we refuse are mostly like two hundred miles of deadhead for a two hundred mile run. You put in 400 miles for 250 dollars. Just not happening. We have been in Dallas area twice in this month and it took 3-4 days to get out. This really amazes us. I would think there would be more freight moving in this area. We are back in Texas again today for some medical reason and will stay until after the Forth of July. I may take some short runs in this area for a few days if they are available. We don't mind visiting Texas and we have some friends here so we play a little while we are here. We still won't take cheap freight. Thats just us. It's how we run our little business. Everyone has there own level of pain. It's 100 degrees today, speaking of pain. One week it seems like freight is picking up and the next week it drops again. Hope everyone has a great summer.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
There must be more to that story. There were a few times over the 5 years where they tried to not pay me what was promised, but I refused to back down and got my money every time.

I agree. There must be more to this. Just hasn't happened. And that is over many trucks and many years. I was going to say maybe a van thing, but you were in a van.