wifi help

panthervanman

Seasoned Expediter
Ok now that you got me up to date on a GPS,how about WIFI?? I know about the flying hooks,but I didn't like theirs cause I use to have to go on the trks side to use it. They point the WIFI antena that direction. I was told that sprint is $80. a month. That's a little more than I want to pay. What is everyone else using???? I have sprint phone service,does their price inclued unlimited use??? thks Panthervanman....:7 :7 :7 ;-)

scoot

Seasoned Expediter
Check Verizon, I do believe their wireless card/plan are cheaper than that of Sprint. Also,check Ebay for the Verizon wireless card...heck of a lot cheaper than buying it at the Verizon store.

panther_art

Expert Expediter
I can sat anywhere in the auto parking lot and get on at the flying hook and everyone that I know that has WFI can get on from the auto side.

Best place is from the dining room door side of the parking side.

Panther Art

whitewolf53

Expert Expediter
I checked into the Verizon card.
They wanted 79.95 for it.
Was gonna buy it,but they ran a credit check on me.
And wanted a 400 dollar deposit.
Told them to stick their deposit.
I'm just happy with the Flying J,the Pilot and the T/A
Usually only get it for 1 day when im there.
But it would be nice to be able to hook up when im out in the sticks.

Mike
Whitewolf 53

HERE LIZARD LIZARD LIZARD

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
:9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I, like Panther_art have sat in the auto side and had no problems except in Blacksburg SC. I have a post with my experinces with Truck Stop Internet Connections (TSIC) in the tech section.

I find anything over $35 a month for access too much even if it would be near broadband speed, I already spend $60 for very high speed access. Most digital phone cards are essentially phone modules and use the same system as do the phones except the band width is smaller on the phone cards. The technology is there and cheap, the cost to the carrier is almost nothing because a lot of the phone calls already travel via the internet and many services we should get here in the states are already offered overseas - like free incoming calls.

tec1959

Expert Expediter
Vanman, I have sprint wireless card and It Is $45 a month,I have cellphone service with Nextel.I bought my wireless card on Ebay for $12 and $11 for shipping...And the card works great for me...