Whos the winner? Fedex CC or Panther?

fortwayne

Not a Member
can a Bear get bare a#s naked one has asked
for just that i hope he has a mask......
because a bear who is bare a#s bare,
might just scare all the little haires.......
so when you see a bear a#sed bear,
have no fear is just a bare a#sed bear.

(wow......i need some sleep)

Fort Wayne
Guided By God

lostandfound

Expert Expediter
the wife and i have now been at FedExCC for 1 month in a D unit,so far they kept us running pretty hard for newbie's and dispatch has been pretty patient handling our newbie issue's.

Not once yet have they us to DH somewhere told us to stay put and sure enough within i would say an hr. or so a load offer would come thrfu it would be worth taking,not saying all offer's will be like that then again we are still learning the system.

Once we get the mistake'sdown to a min.and start on really learning how to take full advAntage of fdcc system then the $$$ will follow so we have no plan's to jump ship to waste our time to learn someone else's system i'm getting to damm old to teach a dog new trick's,and like the other poster's have mentioned the grass is not alway's greener just my 2 cent's worth.

marvinkwagner

Not a Member
The Grass always seems greener on the other side.

Just stay the course sew the seed, Cover your rear, keep a watchfull

eye and stay in touch with the CC (Contract Coordinator) Or whom ever

Your point of Contact is. Just remember You dont have to do the Dog

and Poney show unless your at the Shipper or Consignee, WHen your

Sitting and waiting. Go invisible and take a good look around.

Check the VRU and status, Check with the CC or your Point of Contact.

If you can contact a Planner Great. If you find somthing a muss Well

Do the right thing. Let your fingures do the walking and your voice

do the Talking. I Wish life were a bowl full of Cherries

But it isn't and ya got to cull the Fruit all the time so ya get the

pickens.

For the rest of ya on here. I too like MASHED Patatoes and Gravey

and I too hate Beans.

Have a safe one

kevin

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Terryandrene said "One universal truth about expediting...FedEx Custom Critical people complain TO FedEx Cutsom Critical people...Panther people complain TO Panther people. We each seldom, if ever complain across companies."

Now that's a true statement!

We've been with both companies, and there are things about both of them that we would change if we could. In a perfect world, if you could combine them...perfection! ;)
I wouldn't jump ship just because the freight is slow. The grass always looks greener.....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The grass always looks greener on the other side?

To me it looks brown on the other side. Not that tan brown like you haven't watered it in a week but that nasty brown just before the grass self-ignites and burns your house down.

I like my Green Ohio grass, it is a nice blend of Blue Grass and that greeny leafy stuff called dollars.

BigBuzd1

Expert Expediter
I'm in the same boat as you with only 3 yrs under my belt. The only time I get a call is if it's for a load...sure, I'll get a courtesy wake-up beep whether I ask for it or not...do I mind it...no. Also, they know I will help out in any way possible...and you are correct, dispatch, along with every person there, has a memory...and that has served us well.

FAMILYEXPDT

Seasoned Expediter
Leave it to Greg to not so subtly rag on Panther....doesn't that get old for you? Can we maybe see about having an "ignore" feature added....I feel like charlie brown and Lucy, i read it cause I just know he is gonna have something of value to add and then he pulls the football out and I fall on my face.....good grief greg...give it up already. We all know your feelings about Panther, and for the record...the last 2 trucks I have bought have been 2007's with less than 50k miles on them from Fed ex owners. The grass is not always "greener".

-charlotte

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
>I like my Green Ohio grass, it is a nice blend of Blue Grass
>and that greeny leafy stuff called dollars.

The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff.

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Neither of the above. One is filled with liars and rude folks, and the other cannot make one enough money. I could start a second career on the computer if I worked for FECC however. The amount of time I would sit around, would afford me that.

For once Greg, we agree on something.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
while you are all feeling sorry,figure this out,sit in truck stop,and just do three loads a week,3000 miles 6000 dollars,or work everyday run 5000 miles make 6000 dollars,which is better? you decide

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Nightcreature, that don't compute with em. Just don't work that way, they gotta be doing sumpin every minute (when they) are "ready".

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
3 loads a week at $2/mi. Tell me, Col, where you've gotten that? Night is running a rig. If he were in a D, he wouldn't be bragging.

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Hawk, I feel knight is smarter than the average bear.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
That he might be. Or not. If I liked the big rigs, I too would be getting a whole different breed of pickanic baskets. You, or most anyone else on here would think the same. I believe rig runners in expediting are some of the smartest ppl in expediting cause they know where the money is, and most know how to get it. Not the average $.85/mi OTR crowd, to be sure.

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Charlotte,
When I was told about your comment, I thought well somebody didn’t read it, then I thought about it and read your comment, and yes somebody didn’t read it.

The first thing is I have to say IT IS NOT A RAG ON PANTHER, so let’s dissect it to understand what I am saying;

“The grass always looks greener on the other side?â€

This is a question thrown out there by Kevin, a.k.a. MarvinKWagner. His entire statement was so on the button about jumping ship, I copied to my things to my “remember and think about†file and will hand that out with Phil’s stuff.

But as I was trying to be in a humorous mood that day and didn’t want to post something I written the day before, I used his question as a spring board of sorts to get that humor out of me – you do know that means taking his statement and putting my spin on it, don’t you?

“To me it looks brown on the other side.â€

To me all of this, expediting is a simple issue of economics, everyone from the driver to the owner to the carrier all have a stake into a load to do only one thing – make money.

For me I am satisfied with FedEx, I am not happy I can’t contain myself or am I so displeased enough I am going to jump ship to another carrier – just satisfied which is the crux of the greener on the other side question, like why did the chicken cross the road – if you are satisfied, why change?

Oh and still no bashing of Panther but rather agreeing with Kevin.

“Not that tan brown like you haven't watered it in a week but that nasty brown just before the grass self-ignites and burns your house down.â€

This was to expand on the satisfaction of my situation and to say this, yes things do at times look good on the other side, but truthfully looks are deceiving and for some of us who have made changes and know in business changes costs more than money, things don’t always work out – just to reiterate what Kevin said about staying the course.

Understand there is no bashing of Panther there.

“I like my Green Ohio grass, it is a nice blend of Blue Grass and that greeny leafy stuff called dollars.â€

This is a tease of sorts about another comment that was made to me by another EO member a while ago, not a Panther bash at all but in addition to that, this means that sometimes it really does not matter what company you go with, every driver to owner to fleet owner has to determine what company fit THEIR business plan or life plan or what ever and in my case I am satisfied with FedEx, hence the Green Ohio grass blend comments.

The moral of my post is this –
It does not make a difference who could be considered number one in this business because there is no number one when you come down to it. It don’t matter how large the fleet is, or how many drivers one carrier has opposed to another – it all comes from the perspective of the person who is involved with a load. From the customers point of view it is who can take my package from point A to point B in a reasonable amount of time for a reasonable amount of money. From the drivers point of view who can keep me running so I can make money and from the owners point of view it is who fits into my business plan.

I think Kevin said it best when you come down to it.

are12

Expert Expediter
The only thing I can tell you, we came back to work on Monday and we have had 3 great loads this week! No complaints from us!

I guess it paid off to take the 1st part of July off.

S

sucbadriver

Well I am in a tractor with Panther and doing no better than you. I would love to hear from solo FedEx drivers. If this keeps up I will be forced to go somewhere. Up until now Panther has been great but if the miles don't come up i have to go.