Who's got the word on Nations Express?

bolter82

Expert Expediter
Just curious. Currently running for them, might be changing that though. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about their new ownership.

comet_4298

Seasoned Expediter
Heard about 2mths ago that they merged or something like that, with some company that in FL.,but don't know all the details.

Andrew0580

Seasoned Expediter
Amerijet is the company in florida that owns MOST, not all of them. Still the same people in the office:confused:not sure how that will make things better....

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Put it this way, last fall I was on here saying how they were hands down the best company out there, paying no less that 1.15 per mile to a sprinter an running me all over the place, now i'd say they're one of the worst companies out there paying no more than about .85 cpm to a sprinter, and you drive around an see Nations (NO PAYING) Express sprinters and vans an straight trucks sitting everywhere...THEY STRAIGHT UP SUCK, oh and get this, they have changed from paying every two weeks to every week, then back to every two weeks, so they can push pay back, oh and quite often they'll say they didnt get payroll done for a certain week and push pay back till they decide to pay...Screw them for screwing me and everyone else they screwed, HOPE THEY GO UNDER...NOTHING BUT LIARS THERE!!!

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Put it this way, last fall I was on here saying how they were hands down the best company out there, paying no less that 1.15 per mile to a sprinter an running me all over the place, now i'd say they're one of the worst companies out there paying no more than about .85 cpm to a sprinter, and you drive around an see Nations (NO PAYING) Express sprinters and vans an straight trucks sitting everywhere...THEY STRAIGHT UP SUCK, oh and get this, they have changed from paying every two weeks to every week, then back to every two weeks, so they can push pay back, oh and quite often they'll say they didnt get payroll done for a certain week and push pay back till they decide to pay...Screw them for screwing me and everyone else they screwed, HOPE THEY GO UNDER...NOTHING BUT LIARS THERE!!!

Don't Hold Back, Say What You Really Mean :D

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I'm not a Nations Express fan by any means, but it is funny how a company is determined to suck, merely because the market won't support them any longer. Ask around. It's not just nations that is paying Sprinters that rate. It's not just Nations that has trucks sitting around either.

Amerijet is a "cargo only" airline.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
that is very true. all co. go through slow times and vehicles sit. i posted a ? last week about them but got no response from nations drivers. it was a rumor ofcourse but it was from a good source. i to know nothing about nations, but what i do know is you all need to be very dilligent about getting your pay and make noise when you dont. remember they have two weeks of your pay in hold if anything happens. dont let them get any farther behind than that. if needed make them wait for pod paperwork. i know this is not rite but it seems to work. we were RJR and one fleet owner there is doing this on a trip by trip basis to get paid for runs. this has been the only way they have been getting paid. just dont get behind with them on pay. leave before you do. i would hate to see anyone get in the shape that most of the contractors at RJR got into. most of them stayed to long and left thousands of dollars being owed to them and we are not talking about 2 or 3 we are talking 20 or 30. one as much as 80 and all our escrow accounts spent also. so please be very cautious and dont stay to long if your situation gets worse. nations has been in business for a while and hopefully this is a hickup that they will get through with the buyout and all. hopefully things will get better. just be smart.

kclogistics

Seasoned Expediter
if you drive for nations they will run you but they wont pay on time if at all its been a year and now i have a lawer getting my pays anyone else need help getting there money let me know
im having good luck with the people i contacted and we are looking for more people who they owe money to

keith

[email protected]

Andrew0580

Seasoned Expediter
Well I dont mind doing my share of sitting as long as the money from the work I do is getting deposited on time. They must be paying the advertising bills on time because they are still on E.O. headers, at least somebody is getting money out of them!! I think we should start some kind of rating system for all these expedite companies, this would be a great help to new people and vets.