Which Droid apps?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I figure I can look at my iPhone apps to get a good starting point. Are there any apps unique to Droid I should look into, especially if they are free.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
EO app is good

Weatherbug is nice, but problematic at times.

I like yellowbook, great for looking up numbers and addresses. and links to the google maps, nice

Easy Reminder....it alerts you if you miss a call or text etc. with a ringtone, not just the blinking green light(I have the original Motorola droid) you can set it up for how long it waits to alert you the frequency etc.

TV.com is a nice app

I only use free apps btw
Make sure to get a charger, Droids suck down the battery.

Never had a iPhone so don't know what is unique or not. Welcome to the Darkside Luke!!!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Do a Google search for "best Droid apps" or "best Android apps" and you'll find a plethora of choices.

You can also go to the Android Marketplace and filter lists by Top Free in all the categories to see the ones that are the most popular.

There are also these:
http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/general-expediter-forum/47173-most-useful-android-app.html

http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/tech-shop/43690-favorite-smartphone-apps.html

I mostly use free apps, but I do have a few paid apps that I like a lot. Beautiful Widgets, Note Everything Pro, Photovault, UberKeyboard (speech to text keyboard), and Tapatalk Pro (has moderator functions).

MCBuggyCo

Seasoned Expediter
Advanced Task Killer- closes apps running in background to save on battery life

GasBuddy and MurphyUSA - gas prices

Audiobooks - Captain Ahab, Huckleberry Finn, and friends

idtrans

Expert Expediter
DAT ap is awesome tells you near truckstops, fuel prices, rest areas, pay scales, and walmarts. it's free.

also google street view to see what the place your delivering looks like incase they dont have a sign or #'s posted.

And my daily bible every day

MissKat

Expert Expediter
Cargo decoder - in case you haul hazmat
Slacker - for music on the go
Poynt - to find restaurants, fuel, etc where you are or where you are going.
Pageonce - great site that updates your bank accounts daily
Radareye - good weather map

All free.

dad4evr1

Seasoned Expediter
Places...nothing I haven't been able to find on there, make up your own such as, laundrymats, walmart, hardees, post office and keep them permanently or just type in for a one shot deal...will give everything in your area and navigation to it's front door. Also Gasbuddy is a must have, I save enough every month to more than pay for my data plan using this alone. These are my go too apps daily

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App