where to get a espar in michigan?

dean07

Seasoned Expediter
i am lookin to get a espar heater for my sprinter, was wondering if a d2 will do the job, and espar of mich is alittle too pricey, anyone know of someone else who sells and intalls them besides espar of michigan or thermo king???

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure on the install had mine done at em. I have a d2 and it works fine but only if your insulated very well if no bulkhead behind your bed. On the coldest nights I have heavy curtains on both ends of the bed to make the space it is heating smaller.

A d4 if you can afford it is the best but a 2 is fine only with real good insulation.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
i am lookin to get a espar heater for my sprinter, was wondering if a d2 will do the job, and espar of mich is alittle too pricey, anyone know of someone else who sells and intalls them besides espar of michigan or thermo king???

With Espar of Michigan - you get what you pay for. Any problems or issues - they'll take care of them...especially if you are an EO member. IMHO.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
With Espar of Michigan - you get what you pay for. Any problems or issues - they'll take care of them...especially if you are an EO member. IMHO.
Not only that, but unlike most places, they are very, very experienced in installing them in vans and Sprinters, which present different challenges than big trucks.

dean07

Seasoned Expediter
do you need a auxillary battery, cause they are asking $1000.00 just for there extra batt set up???

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
What they install is ambulance grade deep cycle battery. I had them install my eespar and just moved my battery bank over from my old van.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The old saying "you get what you pay for" applies fully. Ray and his people are to Espar what John and Shelly and their crew are to insurance.

And much as it will pain him to do so, I suspect Ragman would have to again agree with me if there's full disclosure. :p

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, it's a really, really nice, top-of-the-line, high-end battery. If you're running lots of stuff it's the battery to have. But for just an Espar heater and maybe a few small inverter loads, a cheap "marine" or "truck" battery is all you need. Just don't try to use a regular car cranking battery, since those aren't designed for the small continuous amp draws. A marine battery (truck battery is identical except for the terminals) is designed for the low amp draws of a trolling motor and running lights, which is the same amp draw of an Espar heater. Perfect fit for each other.

MLTransCorp

Rookie Expediter

The sprinter is diesel correct? They also have a gasoline Espar now, but I don't know the model number for it. Had the Espar in each of our four 95 Volvos. After starting the truck, the next thing I did was fire up the Espar. It helped keep the windshield clear in late fall, through early spring. Would shut truck off during week, but Espar stayed on, would make sure Espar was in full heat mode before cranking truck back up, Son works for Valley Transportation, 120 trucks on road, they put the Espar in each of their trucks ( yes that is where my trucks came from), son said not to crank truck while Espar glow plug was trying to start Espar, the cranking load of starter, would drop voltage to glow plug, and not let glow plug ignite diesel fuel, fouling glow plug, and plugging the screen around glow plug, and burning up screen, then Espar won't fire. Said that was biggest reason glow plugs, or screens failed.
Just thought I would pass the info on, it is not in the manual.

sent from S4 using EO

Hightech_Hobo

Expert Expediter
Espar of mich is well worth the money.....I have a d4 in a well insulated sprinter and I think a d2 would have done The job....I list the espar heater as one of. The. Best equip choices I've ever made....along with the. Honda 2000i