Where has everyone gone

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
it really makes you wonder what has become of this site.when a charter member with 1500+ posts and 54 rating points, no longer wants to be a member here.i really think that the people that are empowered with "controlling" what is and isn't allowed to remain on here need, to rethink what has changed to cause this action.many members have posted that they want the EO forums to get back like they used to be.does this mean that they don't like the recent bickering back and forth,or are they referring to entire threads dissapearing because of one caustic post.i also think that there was a timeline for when the recent trouble started.all i have to say about that is that if a member has caused enough trouble here to be banned,then that should be permanent.just my opinion. DD

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Mark,

You forgot to mention our "Expediters Radio Newsbreak" heard weekly on XM Satellite Radio and soon to be expanding to Sirrus.

Sorry to see you leave, best wishes in your new venture!

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Education is the best defense against the media.

The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Tom, part of the reason I will not be posting on the new site is because of there being no regulation. And while I don't agree with all of EO's policy on this, I can't participate in a forum where flaming will be permitted. Everyone is subject to their point of view. And while that view may be misinformed to others, calling that person names is about as juvenile as one can get. Being a Seahawks fan for 25 years, I know what it's like to stick up for the underdog when everyone around him is slamming him.

So I wish you best of luck at your new site. With the "free speech" thing going on there, I predict the eventual attacking to cause the site to crash like a flaming napalm monkey. I'd rather stick with EO where the concept is like that of America... You have a right to free speech, but you don't have a right to be heard.

T-hawk
"Really... deep down inside we're all cats, right?" - Milo
"No... deep down inside, I'm a dog... I'm a dog." - Otis

G

>>You forgot to mention our "Expediters Radio Newsbreak" heard weekly on XM Satellite Radio and soon to be expanding to Sirrus.<<

Given this smug and generally smartxxx comment coming from the site owner to a member who we all know is one of the only reasons for the succes of this forum to begin with, I would also like to join Weave in having my membership removed. I see no need to be associated with such a website.

BTW, LM, glad you mentioned the radio show. Sounds like a good idea. I'll run it by the owners of the new site :)

I'll leave with an anonymous quote and let the members figure out who said it. "my momma always told me to just "follow the money""

Let 'er rip :)

Preacher

Expert Expediter
Sorry I haven't been around the last few days. There are two reasons for this.

First, on Monday night / Tuesday morning, at around 2:30am I was rushed by ambulance to the hospital after having a heart attack. By 10:00am I was injected with dye up through my groin area and they discovered that I had a 100% blockage of my right coronary artery. They immediately did an angioplasty to open the blockage and implanted a stent into the artery. The procedure was a 100% success. I am very thankful to God that I didn't leave this world earlier than expected or need to have open heart surgery and a by-pass. I now have to get 2-3 weeks of rest with NO working in order to allow my heart to heal. I probably will not be able to go back to driving my rig for 3 weeks. I WILL be following the doctor's orders so that I can get back out on the road ASAP. I still need to earn a living and this will set me back at least 3 weeks. I don't want to do anything that would set me back any further, physically or financially.

Second, I have been asked, and have accepted the opportunity to be a moderator on another site that is more geared toward OTR truckers. I will be moderating the newbie and political forums there. This does not necessarily mean that I will be a total stranger to EO. However, I will be spending alot of time there. But I will check in here from time to time.

I pray for nothing but the best for Lawrence, EO, and everyone here.

FireGears

Expert Expediter
I must agree with T-Hawk...

"With the "free speech" thing going on there, I predict the eventual attacking to cause the site to crash..."

The "Jerry Springer" type of sites will draw a certain type of poster
but will require more and more outrageous behavior to hold their interest.

Trucking related companies who invest cash into advertising know the type of individuals/customers they are seeking to reach. Just because
a new site may generate high numbers does not mean these are the
folks a business wants to reach.

This current exodus of former members will only allow the cream
of the EO posters to rise to the top.

To EO I say stand tall and stay strong as a professional outlet for professional folks..!!!!

FireGears - appreciates quality

Tom Robertson

Veteran Expediter
Well let’s see how this one plays out.

Parody... humorous or satirical mimicry

Dateline... Emerald Truck Plaza

Sunday February 27, 2005

Evidently due to the consumption of some spiked banana’s last night, the infamous Flying Napalm Bomb Tossing Monkey has arisen to find that the gates were left unattended and the “Wizard of OD’s” comments are once again the center of attention.
Many munchkins now understand that the Wizard is wearing contact lenses which automatically convert light waves into the distortions normally seen only with his personal mirror. They also are aware that his mirror has been stored in an unsecured location at the Emerald Truck Plaza.

While the keepers of the lights and gates were aware of the intruder’s statements, all had been taken well handled in the manner perceived as best for all the rest of us munchkins.

Seen swinging on a branch, about to take flight the Flying NBT Monkey, has been heard screaming about flamers and his distaste for them. It appears that the Flying NBT Monkey has discovered the Wizard’s mirror and views himself in a different image than all the munchkins collective visions. The Flying NBT monkey is well known to have personally ignited, torched, and used incendiary devices to destroy more threads than the collective efforts of all war protesting flag burners since 1964.

Meanwhile in another Plaza along the highway, as the antics of the Flying NBT Monkey are viewed by satellite remote, the munchkins residing there are rolling on the floor in uncontrollable laughter at the proclamation of his unwillingness to dwell in a place where flaming is allowed. It appears to all the little munchkins that the Flying mammal is still under the influence of the spiked bananas or has simply been gazing into the Wizard’s mirror much too long.

For you see the munchkins who have moved to the other Plaza have already posted warning signs at the entrances of the new location...

“Flying Napalm Tossing Monkeys, with a history of closing entrances to the truth will be shot on sight.”

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
You're a bore, Tom. It's attitudes like that which has hurt EO and will be the downfall of the new one unless they curb the attacks. I for one won't miss that attitude, or your stories of "Fantasyland According to Tom Robertson and His Amazing Emerald Ego" :p

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
WOW, been running hard the last month or so. I must have missed some things by not checking in. What is the address for the new site?

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Did 'Hawk mean to call Tom a boor, not a bore? Anyone can be boring;
it's hard work to become a "boor".

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Arky,

It was a short answer because I really don't understand what he is upset about. We have never spoken an unkind word to him, we have treated him and his followers with nothing but respect and professionalism.

EO is a community of small business owners. Period. I don’t think there is a community in North America that is worth living that isn’t “policed” by it’s own peers, but that is our philosophy and we don’t expect any other community to follow our guidelines and principles.

Thanks for your participation and really…. we hope nothing but goodwill for you, Mark and Tom.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.

Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
[h3]Ok, I think everyone that has a feeling about this topic has posted. Therefore, I am locking it. If you have something to add please feel free to PM myself or the Moderators and they will open it back up.

Anyway, time to move onto to expediting![/h3]

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Thanks For Visiting EO!