Where do you spent the night?

Where do you spend the night?

• Total voters

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Being in a sprinter I have flexibility. My first search after delivery is for a 24 hour Walmart. Then truck stops and rest areas if they are conveniently located. I try to not loiter at the place I sleep. When I wake up I'll move somewhere else even if it is across the street (Target and Costco restrooms are a lot cleaner than most Walmarts). Lot of times during the day I'll find a library. In theory I'm trying to not wear out my welcome at the place that lets me overnight. I don't unload my trash at the overnight location, and I try to be a paying customer. If a place is posted as no overnight parking, I don't spend any money there, but I will leave my trash and use the facilities. For daytime naps, I'll park just about anywhere.

eb

That was helpful

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The only time a truckstop is my first choice is when the snow plows are running - park at any big box store, and you either get woke up at 0430 by the plow, or worse, you don't, and find yourself plowed in.
Meijers is always my favorite, but any big box store is good. Too many WalMarts have security that will run you off, and one [in Ohio, off 76] had some young woman with a real attitude pound on my door to ask why I was idling. [Because it's freakin cold! Minus degrees, and the APU is down & out.] She said "You know you're not allowed to idle here" and I got confused, "Wait - what state am I in?" [She woke me up, I really had to think for a minute, lol] She said it's posted. On the back of the building, by the docks. Like you can read it from the front parking lot, right? Then she said she was going to report it, and I had 15 minutes to leave. Ok, then. I was wondering who she'd report it to, as idling isn't illegal in Ohio, when I got a call from dispatch - yep, she called the carrier to report it.
Just another day in the life. ;)

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
1. Walmart. Out in a corner.
2. Lowe's if not going straight to sleep. Best wifi from the lot.
3. PFJ. If I need fuel before bunking.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
The only time a truckstop is my first choice is when the snow plows are running - park at any big box store, and you either get woke up at 0430 by the plow, or worse, you don't, and find yourself plowed in.
Meijers is always my favorite, but any big box store is good. Too many WalMarts have security that will run you off, and one [in Ohio, off 76] had some young woman with a real attitude pound on my door to ask why I was idling. [Because it's freakin cold! Minus degrees, and the APU is down & out.] She said "You know you're not allowed to idle here" and I got confused, "Wait - what state am I in?" [She woke me up, I really had to think for a minute, lol] She said it's posted. On the back of the building, by the docks. Like you can read it from the front parking lot, right? Then she said she was going to report it, and I had 15 minutes to leave. Ok, then. I was wondering who she'd report it to, as idling isn't illegal in Ohio, when I got a call from dispatch - yep, she called the carrier to report it.
Just another day in the life. ;)

Women like that are out of batteries..............................

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
I usually try a descent truck stop or walmart depending on area

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thanks everybody. You all have provided me with invaluable information.

Once again EO comes thru. :cool:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Thanks everybody. You all have provided me with invaluable information.

Once again EO comes thru. :cool:

He's so relieved that nobody said Ragman's house when he's out of town..

Now he can start those over nighters again. :)