Where are the speed traps

davebeckym

Expert Expediter
About 3 1/2 years ago I was comimg in from the North to South Charleston OH. Traffic was light but there was enough that I was unable to use my brights. The Rd was fairly straight and flat until you got to the town. There was a dip in the Rd and all of a sudden there was a sign that said 35 mph. I had been going the speed limit of 55. You could't see the sign until you started down the dip.

Lady cop didn't cut me any slack, said "caught you going 56 in a 35". I told her that was a speed trap and she should be real assamed of herself. She was sitting @ a school drive. If they were concerned about the safty of their children there should have been a warning.

@ the west end of town the speed went from 55 to 45 to 35. No dip in the Rd either.

Only ticket in 7+ years of commercial driving.

Any one else?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
As states cut their budgets it limits the funds to most cities. They use traffic enforcement as a revenue enhancement tool. Only on rare ocassions is it really used for safety.
States need to follow the example in TX.
If they exceed over 50 percent of their budget through traffic enforcement, they lose their police dept.
I think OK is now like that as well?

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

mvbn1

Expert Expediter
Why...South Charleston is a great little town! I live just north of Springfield, and we have a couple of those "speed traps" here in Clark County. The Village of North Hampton, on the other end of the county, got so bad, that people on either end of town put very large signs in their front yards, stating that you where about to enter a "speed trap". The Village Council go mad, and tried to charge the residents with erecting signs without permits.

Yep...we've got our share of speed traps here!

bryan

Veteran Expediter
Hi
Byesville OH. Local cop wrote more tickets in 4 hours than the sheriff wrote all year.Locals citizens put bumper stickers on there cars saying "Welcome To Byesville Your Under Arrest".Oddly enough Ohio has the same law as Texas or at least a similar law.

Monroeville OH cop gave me a ticket and flat out told me it was expediter day.Wanted to know why I was driving thru his town and not on the turnpike.I told him US 20 is federal owned and isn't his road.

Got to love them local yocals.