Where are some of the old Posters

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Have not seen anything from Raceman lately or some of the other long time posters they are great part of this Forum...

miko

Expert Expediter
I am still here, but I am working on some changes, not much time to keep up with the posts. More later, takes a little time as I am not in the fast lane!:)

miko

G

I have been thinking the same thing lately, particularly Raceman.

Maybe he's on vacation.

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I think Race and Tom and a couple of the other old timers had a forum beef of some kind, and elected to go elsewhere. I never could understand that kind of finality over a beef. I enjoyed reading their posts. Correct me if I´m wrong on that.

mhoy40

Expert Expediter
i see them on one of the other sites freuquntly.cant say which one in here, do to the focres that be, if u look though u will find them.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
You're right Louixo... but I'd think they'd be pleased at what's become of EO. For the most part, the members have policed themselves with little intervention from the powers that be. The controversy is still there, but it's contained, for the most part. I think one poster, in particular, incited most of the bad that happened here. But since he's been gone, the site's atmosphere improved.

tiredofsittn

Expert Expediter
yeah i cant believe they havent deleted some of my post.it has really changed around here. i have been lurking here for awhile and just couldnt keep my mouth shut any longer.i thought i would have been forced to walk the plank by now.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It still might happen,we don't make you walk the plank,punishment is to do shower cleaning duty at your local F/J.. LOL Check your PM

raceman

Veteran Expediter
I am still here. I have just been very busy and have, simply put had not much of value to add.
I have been going very hard and when the time comes I sleep. I have dropped 54 pounds and even shaved 75% of my beard off.
I look in on things when I get the chance and as I said nothing really seems to need my wordy input. Frisco has no good ideas lately so I have also had to be thinking on my own too. LOL

Raceman
OTR O/O

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm still here, just got done with 3 weeks of Class A CDL School in Millington, TN with an outfit called Swift, some of you might have heard of them. More later, will most likely post regarding the experience, which was both interesting and educating.
Off for a week then go to 3 day orientation.
I'm doin' well though, glad I went and did it too.
That's all for now, Later, BBB

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I've seen them come and I've seen them go!

Many members come to this forum to learn what Expediting is all about then never return.

Most of the old timers who have been around as long if not longer than I, and are still in the business find other interests and/or hobbies. They put the forum on their back burner. Many still come around to see how or what is going on out there, and leave the questions to the newer members for answers.

Some came here thinking they were going to change this format and convince the forum community they were the kings and queens of expediting, which caused fighting so they were ask to leave and not come back.

Some didn't like the fact that EO is a business and must protect itself and it's sponsors so they also went elsewhere.

I will say those who do still come around from time to time are sincere and will always be there to help you. If you need advice or some help and know an old timer has the answers, all you have to do is send him/her an email, and eventually they will reply.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That must have been some beard if cutting 75% of it off dropped 54 pounds! :eek: :+

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi Tony-

So nice to see your name again on this sight. I have been on internet hiatus for 3 months...many think I was in rehab for internet withdrawal. LOL I did get one thing out of my "rehab treatment" I realized we actually have very few loyal "real friends" out here.

Many people that use all the expediter forums out here are more interested in fueling feuds and/or starting them than they are contributing to the newbie. Many people are so self absorbed they don't realize the implications of their actions or words thus; feelings get hurt and lines get drawn. It is an unfortunate consequence.

You, my friend, were instrumental in EO's growth. Your posts along with Mark's were once upon a time a major reason why people came to this site. When you two left, especially under the circumstances you did, it was very disheartening for many of us "old timers".

Just my two cents worth--

mcbride-
O/O-D unit-Team-6yrs
--What goes around comes around--
LEGAL NOTICE: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those held by the posting author and do not represent the views or opinions of Expediters Online.com, On Time Media, LLC, it's agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertisers or sponsors.