Wheel Spacers for your E350s

HighwayRover

Seasoned Expediter
I was wondering if any of our members running Ford E350 CVs have put wheel spacers on the rear axles for greater stability? Ford E350s can roll at just 35MPH due to the rear axle being narrower than the front. Add a little weight behind the rear axle line on the extended versions and the ride can be even more interesting.

I found a guy in CA that sells steel spacers for this purpose but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much a difference the spacers make in the ride.

Has anyone taken this step with their E350?
Thanks

guido4475

Not a Member
I was wondering if any of our members running Ford E350 CVs have put wheel spacers on the rear axles for greater stability? Ford E350s can roll at just 35MPH due to the rear axle being narrower than the front. Add a little weight behind the rear axle line on the extended versions and the ride can be even more interesting.

I found a guy in CA that sells steel spacers for this purpose but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much a difference the spacers make in the ride.

Has anyone taken this step with their E350?
Thanks

I have a spartan body e350 that is set up for dual rear wheels from the factory. It has everything the drw setup has, except the dual real wheels themselves.the rotors are different including the rear axle itself. I have the floating rear axle where a standard 350 does not. I have 9 leaf springs per side where you have 5. My rear wheels are in perfect alighnment with the front tires because of the spacer to allow for the dual rear wheel setup.a helwig stabilizer bar does wonders for a ford van.the one for my van is 1.5 inches in diameter where one for a regular ford van is smaller in diameter.well worth the money to install that, as they are easy to do. It took me an hour to put mine on. I love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app