what's up with bush now ?

bamamule

Seasoned Expediter
telling people not to testifi sounds like STALLEN to me what about all you loyal bush wantabes is this?

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
I don't know about "Stallen" but Stalin would have done a little more than tell somebody not to testify. They definitely wouldn't have.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well Bama the issue is simply that the firing of employees of the US government has taken place.

The spin from the media was "unprecedented dismissal of seven United States Attorneys" which is not true, the normal thing that happens is that a lot of the attorneys are dismissed during the change of the administrations, in the case of Clinton back in 92 was one time where they cleaned house and appointed a lot of new very left leaning attorneys.

In the case of Bush many of the attorneys were not replaced because of the congress dems threating to filibuster every candidate that Bush would present to congress. The Dems have been holding all of us hostage with this and other issues. I think that regardless if it is Bush or Clinton, the president and his cabinet should not have to be pulled in front of congress for things like this, this is just firing employees of the government, not committing a crime.

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
My problem with Dubya is that he and his administration feel they are above the law. You can't just ignore a call to testify.

Road Hooligan

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>My problem with Dubya is that he and his administration feel
>they are above the law. You can't just ignore a call to
>testify.
>
Road Hooligan

I agree with you on the above the law thing, believe it or not but the president can't force the congress to have their staffers testify either. The entire premise of seperation of powers seems to be missed with the entire witch hunt, these are employees or appointees who are not elected officials and they serve on the whims of the president so if they get fired because of any reason under any administration, there should be no big deal made. AND the congress seems to be using this to fill their time to ignore other issues.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Who really cares if a handful of mid level attorneys were fired from their government job?!?!?!?!?! Why is the legislative branch WASTING huge amounts of time and money on this non-issue?!?!?!?!?! OH, I know, I know, I know... teacher, teacher, teacher, over here, over here!!!!!! It's because it's one more way to cast aspersions on Bush and deflect the public attention from the PITIFUL job they are doing of supporting him on the elephant side and of lying and reneging on all their pre-election promises on the donkey side.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah Who cares??? They are lawyers for petes sake they prolly all had jobs the next day and took all that severence pay with them!!!
They do that all the time in Canada...they are call patronage jobs...They expect to get fired...Like Sparky said once...A manager is hired to get fired!!!

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Thanks for the info.

Would people have to testify if they did something they didn't want their family to know about? Say, like having sex in their office ?

Of course, I know that would never happen under this God Fearing administration.

Road Hooligan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
haha...wasn't it everyones favourite guy Newt who admitted to having an affair while trying to impeach Clinton! Talk about double standards!!