What is your favorite one...

sluggo

Seasoned Expediter
1. What is your favorite one hit musical wonder (or flash in the pan, say 2 hits) from your younger days?

2. What was the first album or "45" you ever purchased?

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Ah, Leah;
I'll See You In My Dreams by a band called Giant, who should have made it;
Shooting Star had a couple sort-of hits;
Oh, yeah...a band called Saraya had 2 hits, Back To the Bullet and another one. The singer was really hot.
Quarterflash had 2 or 3 hits, but the rest of their stuff was lame.
I think my first 45 was Bungle In the Jungle.
Shortly after getting interested in rock & roll, my sister gave me A Decade of Rock & Roll, by REO Speedwagon, from back when they used to be a rock band. I wore out needles on that double album.
I remember how, my sophomore year, me and 4 friends skipped school to hitchhike to a store because a new AC/DC album had just come out. Don't remember which one. I made another trek to the same store the day the next one came out, too.

2012: Ron Paul or not at all.
The lesser of two evils is still evil.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"You were on my Mind" By the We Five.

"Who do you love" The Woolies. I played in a band with J Maury Dean from the "Woolies" when in college. He was my journalism and rock music instructor. The band was called "Strum" which stood for 'student team researching underground music. Fun times.

Can't forget "Time won't let me" by the Outsiders.

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
1. What is your favorite one hit musical wonder (or flash in the pan, say 2 hits) from your younger days?

Ah, Leah;
I'll See You In My Dreams by a band called Giant, who should have made it;

I'll get all weird on you and combine "Giant" from the band Giant Sand and their song Cando which included "flash in the pan" in the lyrics; "Flash in the pan, making such a beautiful blue swirl. She was my cando girl."

Jenny

Veteran Expediter

2. What was the first album or "45" you ever purchased?

Are those the little round things bigger than cd's?? :p

Sent from my VS870 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
First 45- Double Vision by Foreigner

First Album and heartthrob -on 8 track (remember those kids)- Kim Carnes - Mistaken Identity, which featured Billboard's #1 song for the entire year, "Bette Davis Eyes".

Favorite one hit wonder, that's a little tougher but have to go with what comes to mind most.
Tainted Love by Soft Cell :)

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Play That Funky Music White Boy by Wild Cheery

Never bought 45's only LP's
First Album was The Beatles "Second Album"

Last edited: