What could I do if any thing?

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
Ok I've been with panther over a year. Never been late to pick up or delivery. But yesterday lord beholds. The best load I've seen in the new year comes along. I go out to truck to start and nothing.so I'm thinking battery so I hook up charger. Nothing still I try to move cables and check all fuses still nothing. Given in November I just had alternator and battery changed so I call the shop that is a couple of miles away from house . Then I call dispatch when I see I can't make pickup time. And ask for some time. He says you have a little keep trying keep us posted. Well 30 mins later its fixed. I get back in truck and they have pulled load. It was a loose wire on pigtail on the alternator. But they hit me with refusal for driver not being action not being able to make pick up. I guess I'm trying to ask if it shouldn't say break down failure.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Never worked with Panter but Im thinking the worst thing is you may get a post-it note for a day or so??
I dont quite understand the 2nd to last sentence and Im thinking it was Driver not being avaibale???
Dispatchers deal with equipt failures everyday and propely understand we have failures out here..I wouldnt worry about it they moved on and propely got the load covered.
I seen trucks at the last carrier that couldnt get out of the parking lot 2 days in a row but yet they still got freight.. A one time failure should not be anything to worry about..Drivers dont like to break down any more then dispatchers want to hear it,,but truth of the matter is we do and it may happen again.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
With Panther they are basically the same. If you can't make the pickup then it is a service failure. Not a crisis unless you have them all the time. As mentioned, just part of the business.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I guess I'm trying to ask if it shouldn't say break down failure.
You could call Driver Relations. They may change it from a Refusal to a Service Failure, if that's what you want. Of course you could end up getting dinged with both a Refusal and a Service Failure.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Trucking & wisdom [conventional or otherwise] go together like a horse & marriage.
Before you ask - that wasn't a typo.
:rolleyes:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trucking & wisdom [conventional or otherwise] go together like a horse & marriage.
Before you ask - that wasn't a typo.
:rolleyes:
Willlburrr, scratch my back please.

Attachments

• Mr. Ed.jpg
    Mr. Ed.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 19