What company will take a 95 Van

walldawg

Expert Expediter
I have a 95 ford van looks good and has new motor and tranny ready to run. Just dont know what companys to go with I currently work for a local and he doesnt really care.

Thanks in advance
Walldawg

GroundHawk

Expert Expediter
I can't answer that question for sure but I don't think any takes a van of that age.On authority,I have my own and one of the reason I when this way is because I had an older van and also worked for a company who didn't care,I work as dispatcher for a while than driver,I got tired of my % go down and work too,so I formed my own company because I figure if I failed it will be at my hands.I can understand why some companied would want you to have a new van,but they are not going to give you enoungh work to pay for the thing and eat to.Their plan is to cover all of their frieght and to do that they will hire too many drivers and that whay they got theirsels covered,but the drivers will only be carrying only one load at a time than after that they sit.In this biz you got to be rolling,two or three loads maybe on board at a time. Hawk

walldawg

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the info, That is also why I was thinking about authority
Ive got over 10 years with this guy. we are great friends,But he has his own trucks too. and beleive me Iam not in it for the money. If I were to go driveing around the country it sure wouldnt be in a cargo van

Walldawg

GroundHawk

Expert Expediter
Okay thats better.I going to tell you like it was told to me my a guy who when on to make a million,"Find the loads that fits your Truck and haul #####!!!" Hawk