What a twisted government we have

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I was watching Glenn Beck and got to say there is something seriously wrong with two issues he talked about tonight.

If you do not like Glenn Beck, that’s alright but when it comes to the idea that we as a country can go after the very people who took on the job to protect us, we have a serious problem and he seems to be the only one really talking about it.

The first of the two issues have to do with the border agents and the lack of concern from the administration about their plight.

I can not make this any clearer that you should be very concern and care about this issue.

If you don’t agree just think of it this way; the average citizen, cop and federal LEO now has to worry about when something happens if they will be held liable for their actions whether they are right or not. It don’t matter if it happens in Michigan or Texas, the federal government will go after you.

Now you may be saying, ok these were border agents who covered up a shooting, so what? Well first it is not just these two border agents, there is a deputy sheriff who was also charged and jailed for shooting a drug smuggler by the same federal district attorney. The odd thing is all the Mexicans involved have been paid pretty good for their trouble.

So if you want to read about it, here is a good start;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignacio_Ramos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilmer_Hernandez

Oh yea, Duncan Hunter, another repub “wants to be president†guy has introduced a bill “Ramos and Compean Act,†to pardon the two border agents. I ask you to write to your representative about supporting this bill.

BUT it doesn’t stop there!

As I said, he had two issues tonight he talked about, that was the first but the second is about Duane "Dog" Chapman, a.k.a. Dog the Bounty Hunter. I am in no way a fan of his show because I find his show boring but after hearing about his problem with the Mexican government and the way our government has been handling this, I would also say this is a bunch of BS and something needs to be done.

Read his story, it is rather long to type;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duane_Chapman#Andrew_Luster

Oh and sign the petition (note that I am not really thrilled about the header name on the site but hey at least someone in congress is trying)

http://www.teamtancredo.com/chapmansupporters.asp

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
O.k, finally you are on to something....and right on the money. They have got to do something about those border guards who are in prison for doing nothing more than their job! What a bunch of hypocrites!!
Maybe If Gonzales(sp) was doing his job rather than going on a witch hunt with the federal judges maybe those guys would be out by now....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
No, we all got to do something about this, not just them.

I ask everyone who read this to do something, write, call or visit your representatives to ask them what is going on here.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Good point. I just emailed my congressman, Steve Latourette, and implored him to use whatever influence he may have to ask President Bush to at the very least address this issue with the american people.

Dog_House2691

Seasoned Expediter
Those Border Agents were convicted of a Crime based on evidence,and how hard it is to swallow that Drug Smugglers got away with what they did the Agents were Guilty.Look at the evidence.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Dog_House2691

You got to read about the evidence that was 'missed' by the government.

You got to nderstand that they have recieved a sentance that is beyond what murderers, rapist and child preditors get.

You got to read how in the case of the sheriff, he was almost run over and doing his job when he shot the guy - no crime was really comitted.

You got to understand that the drug smuggler in the first case with the two Border Agents was given a free pass not just once but several times after that. He had a direct line to the justice department and was caught smuggling drugs after being released.

You got to understand that the drug smuggler and others were provided with money and access to all kinds of stuff we, as citizens can't have access to.

This is not a case of a kook fringe person who lived in the woods planning the overthrow of the government but people who stepped up to the plate to make our world a little safer, the least we can do is ask what is this all about and why is this DA out of control.

If you care about the country, you will stand with them and you will ask why.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Good post.

Our elected officials continue to raise there own pay, when our service people in need are starving. Nice people real nice and we keep voting them in over and over again.

How long has Carl Leven served?

How long has Kennedy been in office?

How many more years do we need the last Democrat looser who ran for President Mr. Heinz is it?

Lifers who could care less about us but only themselves.

Give em all another raise, I thought it was an honor to be elected not a life long job. Enough is enough NEVER VOTE THE SAME PERSON IN TWICE, I learned this in the last election but Kerry was a no brainer sorry T call but he is much more of a loose than Busch and his last get ya back for Ambassador PROVED IT. Looser Kerry lifer Kerry he could not get a job anywhere except for where he is at in Mass.