What a mess!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What a MESS!! The truck next to me sprung a leak from one of his fuel tanks. There is diesel POURING out of it! What a mess, cops moving trucks, the fire department just arrived. I would hate to be in that drivers shoes.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
True enough, but also be grateful for the first responders who had the equipment and wherwithal to keep that spill from becoming something much worse.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just heard the driver say that he hit something in the road, it came up and punched a hole in his tank. Have to feel bad for that driver. Stuff like this can happen to all of us.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
With a handy dandy bucket, you could've top your tank off.

Yeah, that would have been like pouring salt in that poor drivers wound. Would had be good to try to catch some and put it in his reefer fuel tank. It would have been hard, there was little clearance for a bucket where that tank was leaking.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Years ago, my tt driver Rick hit something in the road at night during a very hard rainstorm, he thought it was a giant puddle, but no........, he discovered the leaking joiner hose between the tanks , when the truck ran out of fuel, and died, left a trail of diesel for about 200 miles he figured, this was on a long stretch of highway in Oklahoma. I never got a bill from the epa, so I guess it was just washed away in the rain, figured it was over 250 gallons. What ever he got hit by, it was large enough to damage the cross member supporting that hose.
crap happens!

tk

Last edited:

tknight

Veteran Expediter
This was an older tractor with a wonky guage so it seemed normal to him no one could ever fix it he used to keep track of miles driven to calculate usage there was also some parisitic batterry drain no one could uncover it had somethin to do with the tracker dome from previous owner i thought well its long sold off now we just used the battery kill switch. To shut it down over night.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This was an older tractor with a wonky guage so it seemed normal to him no one could ever fix it he used to keep track of miles driven to calculate usage there was also some parisitic batterry drain no one could uncover it had somethin to do with the tracker dome from previous owner i thought well its long sold off now we just used the battery kill switch. To shut it down over night.

Are we talking about the same mess or did I miss something? :confused: The truck I was speaking of was a very new Peterbuilt with a hole in his right side tank about the size of my fist. I am lost. Nothing new, I need an EO GPS! :D

jmlaber

Seasoned Expediter
Was the at the TA in Wildwood, FL? If so, I was there to see the cleanup. It took them over 7 hours to clean it all up.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
!

Was the at the TA in Wildwood, FL? If so, I was there to see the cleanup. It took them over 7 hours to clean it all up.

Yep, I was sitting right next to the truck that had the problem. Should have stopped by and said hi!