wesbasto heater help

briggie1

Seasoned Expediter
my wesbasto heater is not working right,, it is the air top 2000,, it is getting hot and blowing air, but is not blowing hard enough, it is not throwing any fault codes, there is no kinked hoses or lines, i can put my hand over the blower and it is very hot but does not seem to be blowing hard, i could always turn the thermostat half way and be roasted out but it is the whole way up and still cold in here

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I just replaced the fan on my Espar Airtronic D2 ... it had been making some noise for the last winter or two ... but after 5 years it finally died.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Have you cleaned the intake screen lately? Hopefully that's all it is.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

briggie1

Seasoned Expediter
yes i cleaned everything, the fan works, it just wont speed up to high, 2 days ago it was surgeing between high and low, it burns hot but only blows on low,, the fan speeds up when i shut it down though,

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Don't know about the Webasto. I have an Espar D2. Upon turning on, the fan starts out in high mode for about 20 minutes. After that it cycles between low and medium. The only way to get it to high is to turn the unit off, wait about 10 minutes before turning it back on.

Is the Webasto a 2 or 3 speed fan?

briggie1

Seasoned Expediter
It is a 3 speed. I called webasto and they say the circuit board is bad. Heater is only 2 years old. And the board is $550

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
That sucks. I fried one on another unit by turning it of and on a few times trying to get the heat up.

What is the warranty on the Webasto?

Espar is 2 years or 2k hours I think. The problem, I learned with the espar is, as long as power is to the unit the clock is ticking. So when I am not going to use it for a while, I pull the fuse.