Well that didn't take long

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Anyone else notice that the "Speedco Super Truck" is for sale in the EO classifieds?

With 110 page views as of this posting,I suspect a few members know about it.

$55,000 and its all yours.DD.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
They did. However, the gentleman had a dedicated tractor trailor route, so he decided to sell it.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

"The present is what slips by us while we're pondering the past and worrying about the future."

- Ziggy

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
It was a 2000 model, and it was FREE. However, if someone wishes to donate a NEW truck, we will be happy to give it away also.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

"The present is what slips by us while we're pondering the past and worrying about the future."

- Ziggy

ATeam

Retired Expediter
No one should feel bad or be surprised because the Super Truck is now on the used truck market and listed at $55,000. Keep its purpose in mind. The truck was designed first and foremost to promote interest in the Expedite Expo, ExpeditersOnline and its sponsors, especially Speedco and the Chrome Shop Mafia. In that regard, the truck was a big success. It generated a lot of "hits" at the Speedco displays where people could register to win the truck. It got a fair amount of ink in trucking publications too.

It is not unlike buiding an over-the-top motor coach for a rock-and-roll band tour. Once the tour is over, the coach will have to be rebranded or unbranded, and it will sell for a fraction of the cost it took to build it.

The truck was not designed to maximize resale value on the open market. It was designed to promote EO and its sponsors.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I spoke to the winner last week. He simply doesn't have the time to turn the truck into a rv etc.The Mack dealership in Dallas got very excited when they saw the truck and was going to push it with other Mack dealers. They believe he can get $60K for it.It could wind up with someone using it to haul products and gear on the SouthWest Rodeo Circuit.

lanier1

Seasoned Expediter
I didn't mean to sound critical. I had just made an incorrect assumption and wanted to verify. No offense was intended.