VIRGINIA 95 soon to be toll road

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter
Where did you get the news??

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Just an educated guess.... I'd say it came from Fox News just from looking at the last two words in the link... :p

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

moose

Veteran Expediter
new tolls,
camouflaged creative taxation.

they can't raise taxes and keep their jobs, so they hide it.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
it's going tobe a toll road from fredricksburg va to nc line on 95
next is hampton roads tunnels all of them starting in july
2012 , will have to get easy pass as there are not going to be any tooth booth, card credit or ezpass
midtown tunnel $1.84 each way

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This is troubling, not only because it's against established law that prohibits existing Interstates from becoming tolls roads, or because it's a shameless money grab for failure to control spending, but because it's already part of the slippery slope where one Interstate after the other is or will become a toll road. I-70 across Missouri was approved to be tolled, and Pennsylvania has been screaming to be allowed to turn I-80 into a toll road. Now that MO and VA have been allowed to do it, PA will be screaming even louder, and they'll have a case.

I might be different if 100% of the toll money were used to maintain and improve the road being tolled, but that's rarely the case. Instead, money gets used for other roads, and other projects, as well. It stinks, and it's gonna stink even more. Just watch.