Virgina Gov wants Toll on I 95

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Everyone wants Money NH, CT, NY, NJ, PA, OH, IN, IL. FL, KS, OK, GA & CO,ect.

Now Virgina Gov wants 95 to be toll. Geesh.

At least Iowa and NE are holding off But if them GOVs tried I think the Farmers would have whats called a Barn Beating on the Govs. HG

TheTrucker.com - America's Trucking Newspaper

Attachments

• 221874_10151191357229882_169748075_n.jpg
    221874_10151191357229882_169748075_n.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Usually a toll road is one that just has been built and they're trying to recover the money they spent for that construction, not to transform an old road into a money maker... but whatever, nowadays everything is possible.
Yesterday, while driving on I-55N in MO, there were signs saying that in 3/4 mile it's a drug check point. There was no check point, either it was over or they were just about to start...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If it was in a rural area, often it's a trap.
If you're holdin' you'll exit. If you don't look local, you'll be pulled over.
Since you don't know where you are it's hard to give a logical reason for your exit.
Kind of funny, kind of sad.
It's an issue for the Soapbox.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Usually a toll road is one that just has been built and they're trying to recover the money they spent for that construction, not to transform an old road into a money maker... but whatever, nowadays everything is possible.
Yesterday, while driving on I-55N in MO, there were signs saying that in 3/4 mile it's a drug check point. There was no check point, either it was over or they were just about to start...

Indiana used to do that with drug check point on I 70 by Terre Haute the signs would be on the east bound side maybe a mile before the 1st exit in Indiana cops would be at the top of the exit ramp and if you got off they would stop you and check you out. I hear they used to catch drug runners that way.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I passed those signs for the DRUG CHECKPOINT, and I looked Right off the highway and there were several cars pulled over being searched by the cops WAITING on the exit...its a Ploy and it works...there were no cops on 55 at all, not that I worry about it, I-70 does that often too....if your a drug runner and you see that sign you exit and get busted...You cant fix stoopid !!!

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
As for the tolls if your gonna toll a road it better get proper maintenance meaning smooth roads, Paying 15-20 bucks to travel thru a state on roads that make a better roller coaster ****es me off, Im in VA/W VA allot and there roads are less then satisfactory, and god knows when you move to a secon dary road your taking your life in your hands, between the deer, the Pickup truck stock car racers and the curves and skinny lanes, they should give me money to drive there !!!

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
that sign is there from time to time used to live in the area if u look at the side of the road there are drugs there if u get off at the next exit thats where there waitin for u

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Does anyone remember when I-95 between Richmond and Petersburg was a toll road?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Indiana used to do that with drug check point on I 70 by Terre Haute the signs would be on the east bound side maybe a mile before the 1st exit in Indiana cops would be at the top of the exit ramp and if you got off they would stop you and check you out. I hear they used to catch drug runners that way.

I thought so... the signs were just before an exit...

Monty

Expert Expediter
Just a note .. most of these stories y'all are quoting from The Trucker, and other sources, have already been posted on the RG and EO news feeds. I know, because I do them! ;)

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just a note .. most of these stories y'all are quoting from The Trucker, and other sources, have already been posted on the RG and EO news feeds. I know, because I do them! ;)

Good then please post the New Regs for Cal that will be in Effect for Tractor Trailers
Ie Regen Tractors years ect and what cant go in to Ca after Jan 1st 2013. and Trailers and Reefers ect what years can go in in Trucks and have to have what and The same with trailers and Years and for Reefers and about the new Roll Tires that they are Reguired to have and Regs for Jan 2013.

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
I myself do not like toll roads but if it would hold down the tax on fuel, it might be worth a look.
With cars and trucks not burning fuel/gas because of eco systems the fuel tax has been hit to repair roads.
As Pearlpro said is if it maintains roads smoother surface etc, in long run save on vehicle maint.
I would think intermittant tolls are more cheaper than, get ticket and pay at exit, also keep it low and more will use, raise prices than more will find a way to avoid..

nestor7

Seasoned Expediter
I wouldn't mind so much paying tolls, but then I would expect the roads to be in excellent shape. That is not always the case in IN, OH, PA, WV and several others I have traveled on. In many cases, the right lanes have been cratered and crinkled. I expect that most of the toll revenue is being used to pay the pensions of government workers. True, there has been some work done on toll roads the last few years, but I want perfection if I have to pay to travel on these babies. Otherwise, don't governments have anything better to do than find ways to tax us to death on any and everything?