Van freight running yet

G

GatorBait

I was wondering if the freight for Tristate or Fedex CC is running at a decent rate or not? Thanks for your help.

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
Had 1 load offer this week, Im at home 100mi DH 150mi paid amd would have ended up 20 something out on the Romlus board @ 9 aday 70mi from home. So Ill just stay put for a while.......Van freight is slow ..................
________
Buy e cigs

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
The big ones that got away ....

I've had three calls on bid loads in the last four hours - unfortunately it looks like we didn't get any of them:

Laredo, TX to somewhere in Indiana - around 1200 miles or so I think.

New Braunfels, TX to somewhere in Wyoming - over 1400 miles.

San Antonio, TX to somehwere up in Maine - over 2000 miles.

Ah well ..... the temp here in San Antonio is a nice 78 degrees with relatively low humidity as the sun sets ....... I guess if I'm not gonna run this weekend I might as well vacation a bit .... wonder how much a non-resident fishing license is in TX ....... :D

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Jack,

I ain't moving ...... weather is supposed to remain nice for the next few and I think I'll catch up on a little vehicle housecleaning and other things like admin & paperwork .... and maybe some sleep ......

Besides there are no other expediter vans or Sprinters here at the J at the moment .... hasn't been since the Fedex Sprinter left last evening to go pick up his load in Austin ..... he said he might be back today .... but he never showed and was talking about heading home (St. Louis) too ....... so .......

High's supposed to be 63 tomorrow and 64 on Sunday ...... I could get used to this ....

Mebbe I'll head down to that Riverwalk thing and check it out .......

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Jack,

I ain't moving ...... weather is supposed to remain nice for the next few and I think I'll catch up on a little vehicle housecleaning and other things like admin & paperwork .... and maybe some sleep ......

Besides there are no other expediter vans or Sprinters here at the J at the moment .... hasn't been since the Fedex Sprinter left last evening to go pick up his load in Austin ..... he said he might be back today .... but he never showed and was talking about heading home (St. Louis) too ....... so .......

High's supposed to be 63 tomorrow and 64 on Sunday ...... I could get used to this ....

Mebbe I'll head down to that Riverwalk thing and check it out .......

that riverwalk is supposed to be real good....:)

been out for 2 weeks now had 3 loads each week....bout 1900 miles the first week and but only about 950 this week....luck of the draw...;)

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Yup .... I went out on the 5th and ran 1848 on six loads that week .... had to drop by the house at the end of the week, over the weekend, then got a dry run early the next and then sat until Thursday and wound up with 1180 on four. This week I squeaked out 1424 on two. Sure wish they could have gotten one of those long ones today ...... woulda been a good start for next week. ;)

Like ya say ..... luck of the draw ..... it's up, it's down ..... whatcha gonna do ? :rolleyes:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yup .... I went out on the 5th and ran 1848 on six loads that week .... had to drop by the house at the end of the week, over the weekend, then got a dry run early the next and then sat until Thursday and wound up with 1180 on four. This week I squeaked out 1424 on two. Sure wish they could have gotten one of those long ones today ...... woulda been a good start for next week. ;)

Like ya say ..... luck of the draw ..... it's up, it's down ..... whatcha gonna do ? :rolleyes:

just keep pickin at it...stay alert and try to stay away from the crowds...:rolleyes:

dodgeboy

Seasoned Expediter
Re: The big ones that got away ....

I've had three calls on bid loads in the last four hours - unfortunately it looks like we didn't get any of them:

Laredo, TX to somewhere in Indiana - around 1200 miles or so I think.

New Braunfels, TX to somewhere in Wyoming - over 1400 miles.

San Antonio, TX to somehwere up in Maine - over 2000 miles.

Ah well ..... the temp here in San Antonio is a nice 78 degrees with relatively low humidity as the sun sets ....... I guess if I'm not gonna run this weekend I might as well vacation a bit .... wonder how much a non-resident fishing license is in TX ....... :D

Who do you work for relnt? I saw all three of those loads on the alliance, they were being brokered out by Allstate Express.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

I work for myself (well, the wife actually .... :D) .... but we are currently leased on with Bolt.

dodgeboy

Seasoned Expediter

I work for myself (well, the wife actually .... :D) .... but we are currently leased on with Bolt.

Cool, Bolt does a lot of loads off the alliance. They even have a few loads out of texas from time to time. You should have no trouble getting out of texas eventually because Bolt has quite a bit of load boards to bid from. It's just things are so competitive right now. Even when Bolt drops the bids lower to get you guys moving, some other a-hole drops the rates lower than that. Good luck out there man.