Used sleeper Availability

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just curious at this point. I know of one source for good quality used sleepers- S & J in Ft. Wayne. However for a sleeper larger than 70", I have no clue. I highly doubt Bentz has anything, and Double Eagle might? Does anyone know of a source for a high quality
sleeper from 72-84"?? I may need something larger for a team.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know any details but a couple of months ago Bentz had a large unit that was a special order and never picked up. I was told it would go for a very good price though. You might also check with ARI and ICT. Good luck.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
RE: Double Eagle

Thanks for the info- this is a project in the making...

For anyone interested, Double Eagle has an 84" virtually brand new takeoff unit. 52" bed, refrigerator, lots of goodies and wants $17,000 for it. Sounds like a good deal, but I can't make that investment at this point. I would have to move wheelbase, get my box shortened, etc...

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter

You can probably get a great deal on the unit itself but getting it properly installed is gona be the problem. I am sure someone knows how to if you find out please post. Lots of wiring, heating, cooling, etc...

G

I have seen all sorts of sleepers listed on Ebay, sometimes at very good prices.

Jimmy

Expert Expediter

Hey,
If your looking for a used sleeper, there is a guy out west of London,Ky.I had his card,but I can't find it. He's about 10-12 miles out on the right west of exit 41. When I went by he had about 4 used Pete" 63" sleepers. He was aking $1000.00 for each, but I figure CASH would talk!LOL. Anyway thers one more. Check out Interstate Truck Sales In Winston-Salem, NC . I saw 4 there too & one was a Western -Star square hi-top & i think the rest were Pete' 63".They were asking $1000.00 too. Hope this helps. For my 2 cents worth I would add a sleeper & install a roof mount a-c/heater from an r-v.Install 3 extra batteries install a solenoid to seperate truck batteries from sleeper unit & this wouln't be no heavier & cost a lot less than these gen sets that are being sold also a dorm fridge,a "REAL" matress maybe a dish too for TV.Like I said my 2 cents worth, i just can't see cost of new when there are so many used ones out there. Jimmy