Used 16' Box

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Asking for help finding a used 16' box that is 102" wide. I currently have a 96" wide box and finding I am losing lots of load opportunities because my inside dimension is only 92". I know they make the size I am looking for but they seem to be a unicorn as used. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
It only cost $1000 to take my 26' box down to a 20' box.

So are you suggesting getting a larger box and have someone make it smaller, or are you yanking my chain like some do on here? I can find larger ones all day long.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I bought an awesome couple year old Morgan 26' box with liftgate for $3500.
I had no problem spending $1000 to shorten it.
The body company cut the nose off, chopped 6 feet off and reattached everything. In the years I ran it I never once had anybody notice the mod.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I bought an awesome couple year old Morgan 26' box with liftgate for $3500.
I had no problem spending $1000 to shorten it.
The body company cut the nose off, chopped 6 feet off and reattached everything. In the years I ran it I never once had anybody notice the mod.
Do you know of anyone now that would do that? Is the company you had do it still in business?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I had Hoffman Truck Body in Louisville Ky do it.
Any body company , trl repair place ought to be able to do it.
I'd be looking for boxes at a place capable of the job.
The box was on the ground at Hoffmans. They did the mods and then I drove my chassis down for the install.
A dealer may take your box in trade.
I found my box in the Truck Paper.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Fort Wayne/ New Haven,In maybe.
Possibly Hooiser Trailer. I know nothing about the place, but worth a call.

Or look for an overhead strike. Big box that's been hit. Buy from insurance company/junkyard cheaply as salvage.
Then cut front so many feet off and repair.

Last edited:

MLTransCorp

Rookie Expediter
What type of chassis do you have, van, or small straight truck. What is your GVW. I Have two cube vans and looking to lighten the empty weight have heard that the Unicell are hard to find used, and they don't make one the width you are looking for, I asked looking for a 20' 102 to incorporate a permanent sleeper with at least dot requirements. Then would have that capacity to heal 6 48x48" pallets. Can now haul 45x48, but the 48 48 is more the standard. Thinking of a titanium subframe, with a kelvar skin. Found out the kelvar fabric is not much more expensive than fiberglass. But the titanium is not cheap, but three is nothing that competes for strength vs weight, and it won't oxidize. Would go with extruded vinyl floor

Sent from my SCH-I545