Unintended Consequences?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yes, they did. I won't mention names, that's not my style, and won't solve a thing. The guilty parties know who they are.

Do you really think so? [That they know who they are.] I'm not so sure, because they sure won't admit it publicly, and maybe they won't even admit it to themselves.
They "missed that post", all right: it went in one ear & out the other, making no impression at all enroute.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
There are those on this board that would cheer and celebrate the loss of life saying they got what they deserved.

Ragman threw out the perfect bait. A simple innocuous statement that only the guilty parties would care to disagree with.

Muttly and LDB showed up to disagree. Just sayin:rolleyes:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Do you really think so? [That they know who they are.] I'm not so sure, because they sure won't admit it publicly, and maybe they won't even admit it to themselves.
They "missed that post", all right: it went in one ear & out the other, making no impression at all enroute.
But Ragman said they DID admit it publicly in previous posts. Whoever 'they' might be.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ragman threw out the perfect bait. A simple innocuous statement that only the guilty parties would care to disagree with.

So your saying I'm guilty of something that I posted on here?Please find the post. I assure you it isn't there. BTW if you go accusing someone of something, are you prepared to back it up with ANY proof? Or is it another lame personal attack?

Last edited:

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
So your saying I'm guilty of something that I posted on here?

Is that what you think? Why would you think that?

Please find the post. I assure you it isn't there.

What post? I did not mention any post. :confused:

BTW if you go accusing someone of something, are you prepared to back it up with ANY proof?

Sure. "IF" I were to accuse someone of something. In this case I didn't.

Or is it another lame personal attack?

No, even though you seem to have taken it that way. I merely stated my opinion about who may be motivated to disagree with such a statement.
Now I am curious. Why did you disagree?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is that what you think? Why would you think that?

What post? I did not mention any post. :confused:

Sure. "IF" I were to accuse someone of something. In this case I didn't.

No, even though you seem to have taken it that way. I merely stated my opinion about who may be motivated to disagree with such a statement.
Now I am curious. Why did you disagree?
The posts that Ragman say exist about cheering the death of an illegal immigrant. I merely asked Ragman who he was referring to because I don't think it is an innocent statement if he is referring to people in 'here'.
You mentioned only the guilty parties would care to respond and then mentioned my name. If you have that opinion I'm a 'guilty party' back it up with evidence of any kind.
I disagreed with the statement because I haven't heard anyone have glee about the death of illegal immigrants.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Guilty for asking a question? Yeah, that's typical of one group alright.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I merely stated my opinion about who may be motivated to disagree with such a statement.
Actually you didn't. You were specific and absolute. There was no "may be" involved. "A simple innocuous statement that only the guilty parties would care to disagree with." You then directly associated Muttly and LDB with the above absolute, stating matter-of-factly that "Muttly and LDB showed up to disagree." There is no wiggle room in that.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Actually you didn't. You were specific and absolute. There was no "may be" involved. "A simple innocuous statement that only the guilty parties would care to disagree with." You then directly associated Muttly and LDB with the above absolute, stating matter-of-factly that "Muttly and LDB showed up to disagree." There is no wiggle room in that.

You are correct. I gave a specific and absolute opinion. There is no wiggle room needed.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You are correct. I gave a specific and absolute opinion. There is no wiggle room needed.
So then, "Sure. "IF" I were to accuse someone of something. In this case I didn't," was disingenuous, because you did, and then tried to wiggle out of it.

I don't have a problem with you posting your opinion, absolute or otherwise, but I'll call you on the hypocrisy of saying something and then turning around and claiming you didn't. In any case, you didn't give your absolute opinion, you worded it as absolute fact, leaving no wiggle room for it to be opinion. "...my opinion about who may be motivated..." leaves wiggle room for opinion, but your original statement that "that only the guilty parties" does not leave any at all.

I'm not sure the reasoning behind wanting to distance yourself from your own statements so quickly. It's odd. They're your statements, in your own words. Own 'em.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Some times I'll read a thread on this board and I have no idea what any of you are talking about. But I'm sure there are times when no ones knows what I'm talking about. Either that makes us even or it means I'm stoopid twice. :) Yeah, I know. No need to say it.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I really didn't intend to cause such a big hoo-ha, however, I will have to agree with cherri, the guilty partys may not even recognize themselves. And, no, I won't name names. Not my style and won't do any good.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Some times I'll read a thread on this board and I have no idea what any of you are talking about. But I'm sure there are times when no ones knows what I'm talking about. Either that makes us even or it means I'm stoopid twice. :) Yeah, I know. No need to say it.

It takes a lot more intelligence to admit you don't know than to pretend you do. Like liars, the poseurs always get caught, sooner or later.

PS Anytime you don't know what I'm talking about, just ask, I'll explain, or rephrase, or whatever. I don't play the passive-aggressive game of saying something cryptic, so I can pretend I didn't mean that. If I said it, I'll own it.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
It takes a lot more intelligence to admit you don't know than to pretend you do. Like liars, the poseurs always get caught, sooner or later.

PS Anytime you don't know what I'm talking about, just ask, I'll explain, or rephrase, or whatever. I don't play the passive-aggressive game of saying something cryptic, so I can pretend I didn't mean that. If I said it, I'll own it.

But I'm a man and you're a woman. I'm not supposed to know what you're talking about 1/2 the time. :)

You left such a good opening I couldn't resist.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
But I'm a man and you're a woman. I'm not supposed to know what you're talking about 1/2 the time. :)

You left such a good opening I couldn't resist.

So did you, and neither can I.
You're actually not supposed to even hear what I say, half the time, lol. ;)
[But I'm not a fan of doing it the way it's always been done just because it's always been done.]