two things i need to know ASAP

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
OK 1st question
the wonderful norcold Refrig in the truck has bitten the dust and it seems that the wonderful Norcold company does not have a repair location anywhere in the U S A actually what i foundout is it is a throw away refrig ye ha they cost what 400 + for this size and up to 1600 dollars so anyone know if there is anywhere you can get it fixed light comes on but nothing in the way of cooling .

2nd question ok
how do you get this sucker out as i am thinking of buying a normal refrig from lowes walmart etc you know one of those dorn refrigs 110 volt and will it work in the truck driving down the road big 2500 watt inverter ok but wondering will it work or is the michigan roads lol be to rough on it
I NEED ADVISE NOW OR A BLOODY BIG SLEDGE HAMMER taken screws out but not even moving so there is something i am missing that is refusing to move this refrige out of its cabinet it is sitting in

WOMBAT

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
ok 1st question
the wonderful norcold refrig in the truck has bitten the dust and it seems that the wonderful norcold company does not have a repair location anywhere in the u s a actually what i foundout is it is a throw away refrig ye ha they cost what 400 + for this size and up to 1600 dollars so anyone know if there is anywhere you can get it fixed light comes on but nothing in the way of cooling .

2nd question ok
how do you get this sucker out as i am thinking of buying a normal refrig from lowes walmart etc you know one of those dorn refrigs 110 volt and will it work in the truck driving down the road big 2500 watt inverter ok but wondering will it work or is the michigan roads lol be to rough on it
i need advise now or a bloody big sledge hammer taken screws out but not even moving so there is something i am missing that is refusing to move this refrige out of its cabinet it is sitting in

wombat

i am waiting for a reply here folks want to get this thing out if need be today

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
When I had one removed, it was done at an RV repair place - they are more familiar with it than anyone else.
The Norcold was replaced with a [relatively] cheap WalMart model, which will run off the 2500 inverter, and holds up to even the roads in Detroit.

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
I have taken a couple out for myself and others you must be sure to remove all trim,most time there is a fuse that goes out located on the top or back. That said they are junk after a couple years. sleeper mfg may be able to assist you with how to remove all are different. also if I remember correctly the latch can be a hold up and must be removed to get the frige out. replaced mine in old truck with small one from lowes but it will draw 110 all the time so you need to keep an eye one your power usage,the 12volt draws from batteries and the 110 thru the inverter. sorry I couldn,t be more help ,I just worked at it until I figured it out but simple once you see how they installed it. Good luck , sledge wont help:)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would be concerned about how well the motors on those 110 units would hold up considering the "dirty" electricity that many inverters out there put out.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would be concerned about how well the motors on those 110 units would hold up considering the "dirty" electricity that many inverters out there put out.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

As the 110 units are pretty inexpensive & easy enough to remove & replace [I've done a couple all by myself], it's not a big deal, IMO.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As the 110 units are pretty inexpensive & easy enough to remove & replace [I've done a couple all by myself], it's not a big deal, IMO.

I was not worried about removing and replacing. Just the motors holding up to a not so "clean" electricity flow. I was not sure how they would act.

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
I was not worried about removing and replacing. Just the motors holding up to a not so "clean" electricity flow. I was not sure how they would act.

Ours lasted 2yrs and was runnin when I saw the truck with the new owner a year later,for around 100-130 bucks a reasonable alternative. Ours was in an ALumni bunk non air ride sleeper Ouch!:)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OK 1st question
the wonderful norcold Refrig in the truck has bitten the dust and it seems that the wonderful Norcold company does not have a repair location anywhere in the U S A actually what i foundout is it is a throw away refrig ye ha they cost what 400 + for this size and up to 1600 dollars so anyone know if there is anywhere you can get it fixed light comes on but nothing in the way of cooling .

WOMBAT

Actually Wombat, they have a lot of service centers across the country. There are places that only work on truck fridges.

Norcold Service

Select the state and you look for the "TR" letters next to the name.

transporter

Expert Expediter
i had a larger haer brand from best buy. it was larger than average dorm refrigerator in a company freightliner 1500 watt inverter no problems. i did however jammed some paper towells between the condenser the cut down vibration/noise