Turn signal

youngsamuel

Seasoned Expediter
I have a Freightliner fl60 with a faulty turn signal. It is on the drivers side in the rear. When the lights are off it works fine but when the lights are on the flash is so dim it can be barely be seen. I do not have the problem on the opposite side. I changed the bulb and that did not help. Any ideas on what I could check before taking it to the shop. Thanks

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
When you have weird light problems, particularly turn signal problems, the first thing to do is check the light ground.

mhoy40

Expert Expediter
there is a plug in the frame rail right behind the drivers side fuel tank that you may want to check. when i got hit a couple of yrs ago my hood was up and it got more or less ripped off the front of my truck i lost all my lights in the rear me and the two mechanics on the scene at the time who were replaciing a water pump when it got hit could figure it out to save our lives so i riged my lights right to the fuse panel to get back to mich from sc well took it the the shop to have the accident stuff fixed and the mechanics there went all thru te system supposedly and could not find the problem either well i knew that it was the result of the accident cause they worked fine before it was hit well when i go the truck back i was getting ready to re wire the whole system when a mechanic buddy of my asked if i had checked all the plugs when i replied yes he said including the ones in the rail i said like a moron a plugs in the rail he said apparrently not so he climed uer and in 2 seconds all the rear lights came back on. hes said that those plugs are notorious for coming loose and doin weird things to light on the system there hooked to so i guess what im saying is check all the wiring including in the rails as one of those plugs could be loose