Tune-up price

TheRebel

Seasoned Expediter
Does anyone know how much could cost an tune-up for a E-350 in a regular auto shop?
Thanks!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
There are way tooo many variables to that question anymore...ts not like its 1973 and a tuneup was points plus condenser air filter fuel filter...

If they replace plugs, wires, coil packs (all of them)....get your BIG checkbook out....

Easiet thing to do would be call around and get an estimate...me I have a mechanic that does my work, I trust him and tell him to do what it needs...unless I am on the road, but then thats would be a breakdown...the only maintainance i do on the road is maybe an oil change...speaking of, thats getting close, another 4000 miles...and Wal-mart does those for just the labor when i have them use my oil and filter....

Last edited:

TheRebel

Seasoned Expediter
If they replace plugs, wires, coil packs (all of them)....get your BIG checkbook out....

Easiet thing to do would be call around and get an estimate...me I have a mechanic that does my work, I trust him and tell him to do what it needs...

Well, actually that's what I need, to change the wires and spark plugs... As you say, I used to have a mechanic that I trusted, but he retired, and I don't have yet another one to put all my trust in him... speaking about oil change, I don't do Wally World anymore, I always had oil leaks after leaving their shops... I prefer to pay 10 bux extra, but get a real job... and one more thing, I switched to synthetic long time ago and I change it between 7k and 10k... always Pennzoil!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I understand the losing a good mechanic..if you are hime, call the old guy if you can and ask him to refer you to someone he knows and trust...Wally world is where i go while on the road. At home i'll either have Scott do it or il do it myself..and yea I use AmsOil filter and oil.

The new truck I changed the factory oil and filter out at about 500 miles the day i bought it..then again at 5500...it now has 16521 miles on it with 398 3 hours on the motor. With the amsoil I will change it between 12-15000 miles....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Hey I got a great idea, call the ford dealer and ask them what the price is. They seem to be competitive with third party shops.