ttruck

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
has anyone replaced the unloader in the compressor on a c9 cat any help is good help.:cool:

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I never have but my understanding is you can buy a kit from any dealer or parts house it has instructions and not all that difficult. Have you tried replacing the governor?

Sent from my C811 4G using EO Forums mobile app

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
yes I changed it a yr ago worked for awhile noticed that air pressure is climbing over 150 and some guess ill pick up the kit. thanks for the comeback.

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
If it was me I'd replace the governor again if it's not shutting off at 120 psi. They're really cheap only about $30 or so. You'd think it's only a year old and shouldn't need it. How it ought to be. I don't believe manufacturers have any sort of quality control on these kind of components. I'm on my 3rd haldex leveling valve in 5 years time. The first one that came on the truck lasted a couple of years. Then started leaking out the purge valve. The one that replaced it leaked out the purge valve brand new out of the box. Then the replacement for that one only lasted about a year or so. These kind of components are made in Mexico.

Last edited: