TST EXPIDITED SERVICES?

finbar1

Expert Expediter
Does anyone know about TST out of Windsor,On? My buddy paperback1 has a couple of trucks there and he says he is doing great, but does anybody else have any info on them? Do they keep ya running and so forth. Any help is appreacited

paperback1

Expert Expediter
Yes finbar1 I am doing great, and I am glad you are not just taking my word. Well it may be true that my trucks are doing good, I can't say how any of the other trucks with the company are doing. I hope to see some response to this, seeing that I have only been with TST for 6mo. Good luck on your quest, and I hope we both learn something.:9

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I don!t know anyone who runs for TST but last week I ran I 94/401 from Milwaukee to Toronto,then back from Waterloo Ontario to Chicago and Minneapolis. I saw 3 FDX CC units,1 TRI STATE unit, 3 Panther units ,some small Mom/Pop opeators but at least 15-20 TST units.That may tell you something.

Gypsy

Expert Expediter
I've been with TST for 6 weeks now. Things are going good. 1500 to 2000 miles a week. Home on weekends, with deadhead of from 300 to 400 miles. Drive a cargo van B unit.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
TST covers 60-100 GM loads a day under contract during the peak auto months. One of their drivers told me this, which expains why there are a lot of TST trucks on the "auto routes" into Michigan and Canada.
-Weave-

G

I hear good things about TST. I have know Jerry Albright one of the recruiters for years. He will be honest with you. I do know a guy here that has 4 trucks on with TST. They are doing real well right now.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey Finbar1,
How is it that you and your buddy Paperback1 have the same exact name and live in the same exact place??????????? Could it be a typo??????

finbar1

Expert Expediter
No typo, I rent his an apartment above his garage, but all his computers are connected, like a network or something, I think that's what he called it. He just is gone so much, he has a couple trucks at TST and a couple trucks on contract as in house in Chicago, and he's on his way to Albuquerque,NM to sighn a contract to run a dedicated run from there to Denver,CO. I'm thinking about taking that run, since he has his father there and I can stay there for a bit till I get my own place.

Twistoff

Expert Expediter
TST no longer can handle 60-100 shipments per day. My understanding is GM in St Catharines is the only facility that TST still services directly. PantherII is handling most of the GM loads based solely on their extremely low rates.

bojangles1

Expert Expediter
I have been with Tst for 10 years and always done well. We mostly haul for Ford. Never haul for GM unless we are picking up for another carrier like Tri-State. TST has the account thru Fed-EX logistics to haul for Ford throughout the midwest. There are many other accounts also. As with all companies there are peaks and valleys. But at TST the valleys are not so deep.