Truck Vacuum

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Now that we have a puppy in the truck, I had to find a good vacuum for that time between truck wash vacuuming, or home time cleaning.
We found this Black and Decker Model # HV9010P at Walmart, and it works very well. The only issue we've had with it is finding the filters for it locally. I plan to order some from the website and have them waiting at home.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
That looks like it would do the job. We just have a small Shop Vac that does not have a rotating brush. Does a terrible job of getting pet hair out of carpet. We finally just removed the carpet and replaced with wood floors.

I bet your floors are a lot warmer then ours are and the puppy does not slip and slide while playing.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
On the advice of a good friend, we bought this one:

Explore the DC16 Root 6™

Also purchased attachments so we're able to use it for just about everything dust related on the truck.

Another hint (same friend), cover your carpet with a couple of those office floor protectors, then the throw rugs. Warm, cozy, and easy to keep clean while protecting your investment.

Darn I've got great friends!!! ;););)

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Having tried a few, we have come to like this one best:

Shark Retractor Vac Model: EP187

We bought it at Walgreens. It is available online too. After using it, I liked it so much that I bought a second one to keep at home, just in case they discontinue the model and our current one gives up the ghost.

It uses no bags or replaceable filters, but its powerful motor pulls up fine dust better than any vacuum I have seen. The filters capture the dust instead of sending it back out into the air, only to settle in the truck again.

It is amazing how much dust this little guy can suck out of the sleeper carpet, floor mats, throw rugs, cab seats, and dinnette cushions. After each use, I just open the vacuum cleaner case, remove the filters, and tap them on the concrete to get the dust out.

With dog hair to deal with, I would expect the filters to fill up more quickly. If they get too packed, the vacuum cleaner will overheat and shut itself off. It can be restarted again after it cools and the filters are cleared. The clogged filters and overheating can be an irritant, but I prefer that to a vacuum cleaner that leaves the dirt behind.

The carrying case and retractable cord make it easy to store this compact vacuum cleaner and attachments when not in use.

At $39.99, the Shark Retractor Vac Model: EP187 is a bargain at twice the price. Buy now while supplies last! And may the joys of truck vacuuming be yours.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Phil, I have the larger Ultra Shark 110 volt canister model that I use on our wood and tile floors at home. It to is bagless and has a screen covering the pleated filter. Using compressed air to clean the filter makes a huge difference in the performance. If your truck is plumbed for an auxiliary airline give it a try.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
That looks like it would do the job. We just have a small Shop Vac that does not have a rotating brush. Does a terrible job of getting pet hair out of carpet. We finally just removed the carpet and replaced with wood floors.

I bet your floors are a lot warmer then ours are and the puppy does not slip and slide while playing.

Linda, We have carpet in the truck and hate it but it's not our truck so...we came up with a solution. We bought thin backer board, placed it over the carpet, then bought the self-stick wood look tiles and attached them to the backer board. Instant floor that can be cleaned!! We also have rugs on the floor that can be picked up and washed.

Great tips about different vacuum's, I'm going to take a look at them all. Thanks!!:)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Now that is a really good idea for a truck that does not belong to you! We have throw rugs on our floor with the rubber backing so they do not slip. We bought cheaper rugs due to how often we shake them and also wash them the rugs do not last to long.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
We had tile floors and used bath rugs on the floor which we would through in the laundry. That would remove all the dirt and pet hair.
As for a vacuum, we used a electric dirt devil with the rotating brushes. It worked well and had the crevise hose and tools.